Brick laying & plastering rate

hi all,

may i ask if anyone kind enough to share the rate for birck laying & platering rate(average) in miri here for house reno/ext please?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Depend on how big and size your reno/ext…

ooppss…sorry, i mean per square feet… :oops:

I have reno my kitchen extent 20 feet length & 10 feet wide = 200sqft cost me around RM20K plus pay the worker. I also get quotation from mirian contractor mostly charge me RM30K.

sand brick 630 biji = 1palate = RM180
clay brick 630 biji (red) = RM230 (dealer maple), if hardware shop RM 250
1 beg cement cost = rm18 per bg…
sand 1 lorry = RM150

[quote=“keranci”]I have reno my kitchen extent 20 feet length & 10 feet wide = 200sqft cost me around RM20K plus pay the worker. I also get quotation from mirian contractor mostly charge me RM30K.

sand 1 lorry = RM150[/quote]

you engaged your own workers or contractor did all?

[quote=“JAIS”]

you engaged your own workers or contractor did all?[/quote]

I do my own buy all the material n just pay upah to the worker only. If contractor do mostly eat and suck more on your money. I buy all those thing n design and just let the worker do. A lot of contractor quota me mostly RM30K above so finally do research there and here. Make sure hire the quality worker and i find them in the construction work. They are not indon but sabahan people. Renovation is not too expensive but in Miri those contractor eat more on your money.

You have their contact number? I may know someone who needs to build a whole house in the future.

the guy who do the actual brick laying will charge around rm1.40 per sq ft…same goes for plastering but the boss will charge higher and after so many boss thats the amt u will pay…the sabahan will charge cheaper but u need to monitor the workmanship at all time…but i prefer the local iban guy…

can I have their contact numbers.

[quote=“keranci”][quote=“JAIS”]

you engaged your own workers or contractor did all?[/quote]

I do my own buy all the material n just pay upah to the worker only. If contractor do mostly eat and suck more on your money. I buy all those thing n design and just let the worker do. A lot of contractor quota me mostly RM30K above so finally do research there and here. Make sure hire the quality worker and i find them in the construction work. They are not indon but sabahan people. Renovation is not too expensive but in Miri those contractor eat more on your money.[/quote]

Bro…you mean the Bajau group…Mr Ajis ka?If yes how was the workmanship? I plan to engage them to install tile at car porch last week but unfortunately tiles not enough stock…

BTW some rate that I get from contractor if we buy our own material:

For install brick fence: RM26 per feet [Not square feet]
Install tile: RM1.50 - RM1.80sqf but some charge even higher depend on the floor/wall condition

Tq

i got quote to do some brickwork on 1st floor balcony
brickwall + plastering less around 1.5-2m2
raise floor + smooth screeding around 4-4.5m2
including removing 1set aluminum door
total amount 1450
what do u guys think? its steep right? :frowning:

[quote=“CSA”]i got quote to do some brickwork on 1st floor balcony
brickwall + plastering less around 1.5-2m2
raise floor + smooth screeding around 4-4.5m2
including removing 1set aluminum door
total amount 1450
what do u guys think? its steep right? :([/quote]

do u mind to share the contractor contact? we are looking for contractor too.

agreed!!buy ur own materials and hired the workers…try to look for those workers that do the cementing at the graveyard…they also do a good job…

Nowadays quite hard to look for local construction workers. One thing I worry is,those indon or Bajau construction worker (without local tauke) always peep around our house (you know what i mean la…if they don have income for few weeks); if they got local tauke,at least they will always got things to do ( no time to think of other ‘business’) and can complain if quality is not up to our requirement. Just my personal point of view. :wink:

no need to worry coz most them have “kong” or leader among themself.

[quote=“keranci”]I have reno my kitchen extent 20 feet length & 10 feet wide = 200sqft cost me around RM20K plus pay the worker. I also get quotation from mirian contractor mostly charge me RM30K.

sand 1 lorry = RM150[/quote]

Bos can I get contact no and where u buy clay brick (red).