Bra proves stronger than a speeding bullet

ST. PETERSBURG, Florida (AP) – A woman watching New Year’s Eve fireworks from a picnic table found out that her bra can do more than lift and support: It also slowed a falling bullet.

The .45-caliber bullet struck Debbie Bingham, 46, after someone fired a gun into the air about 20 minutes before midnight. She still needed stitches, but the wound might have been much worse except for the bra strap, police spokesman George Kajtsa said.

Bingham, who was in town from Atlanta, Georgia, said she is thankful for the undergarment, which she said was “very cheap.”

“I’d love to have a couple more of those bras,” she said.

Bingham said she was listening to music and enjoying the fireworks with her daughter and son when she felt a sharp pain in her shoulder.

Then Solanda Bingham, 30, noticed blood seeping through her mother’s white shirt, and they found the bullet lodged halfway into the gold-colored bra. The other half was barely breaking the skin, Bingham told WTSP-TV.

Kajtsa described the wound as a “big scratch with bruising.”

St. Petersburg police were searching for the shooter to determine if the shooting was intentional, Kajtsa said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/06/bullet … index.html

From now onwards, anyone who goes to war should wear those bras.

Lol that’ll certain affect the enermy’s aim, they’ll be rolling on the ground laurghing

Lol that’ll be a bonus.

what if the bullet struck your head?? Then i guess soldiers need to cover up themselves with this wonder bra la… :lol: :lol: …

Then you wear it like this

http://www.nelsonkwok.ca/images/bra-glasses-head.jpg

Should snap a picture with the gold coloured bra…hahaha… :lol: :lol:

for the ladies… no offence ya… :wink:

Should be harmless humor… :lol:

[size=150]That’s not me in the pic btw. Obviously.[/size]

The Wonder Bra Man Returns. Lol. That’s just coincidence. I think if the army was serious about it, they should make the Madonna pointy type bras modified as machine guns. So you can go to war with four weapons instead of 2. They can add another for bonus - the genetically bionic engineered BIG GUN down there. lol

The best thing about the Bra is that it’s cheap. I wonder if they are comfortable too. Ian, yo ulook pretty comfortable with the pair? :slight_smile:

this one thread cracked me up too much…

Nice picture u hv ter Ian…Ahakz… :lol: :lol: :lol:

a bra can hold two mountains… no need to argue anymore

I prefer to refer them as hot balloons:) Sometimes they are down and sometimes they are up. They are not always hilly. lol