Boycott the stall?! another unjutice

near the town centre, there’s a stall with white canvas built by a group of contractor, putting in around half a million to complete. while one of the tenant didnt meet the promise to buy it over, wat make it even worst, not paying A SINGLE CENT for about two years time!!! and guess wat, they still occupying the space n having business running very well!!

yet that’s not the end of the story, the tenant threatened the other two tenants (next to its stall) to pay rental to them, claiming these stalls belong to them. well, tat’s very clever idea, not putting a single cent and can get more than ~5k/mth income. and this cunning guy sent out warning letter to cut off their electricity n water (those who built the area made a silly mistake by registering these under this guy’s name), and eventually the supply got cut off.

this group of contractor sent out lawyer letter to solve this dispute, and till now there’s still little response n the time keep dragging… used to call the police to stop their operation, but the police turn up to be his good frend. guess that’s another unjustice happen in miri and nothing can be done… sigh

a stall or store? spending 600k for a stall does not make any sense.

a stall or store? spending 600k for a stall does not make any sense.

Is it that place opposite the resident office? The one with the open air karaoke?

cannot point it out too explicitly cuz it’s considered as court case now… the money for everything… 3 modern stalls… (i deleted the figure cuz it’s kinda sensitive…)

Wonder where that place is???

wow, clever n cunning bisnesman
see…mesti pandai tipu baru kaya!

Weird, don’t the contractor have a proper tenancy agreement between landlord (the contractor) and the tenant? If everything is black and white, the tenant can be sued for not paying a single cent for 2 years.

And yeah, 2 years, and yet why didnt the contractor take any action?

[quote=“GeminiGeek”]Weird, don’t the contractor have a proper tenancy agreement between landlord (the contractor) and the tenant? If everything is black and white, the tenant can be sued for not paying a single cent for 2 years.

And yeah, 2 years, and yet why didnt the contractor take any action?[/quote]
that is what i am confused too…my relative rent a shop to other for 1 year only also need tenancy…why there is no black and white? :? :?

if the owner trust u, then no need tenancy. Some poeple rent house also no need tenancy.

If you don’t have a proper tenancy agreement, you can’t even register a business licence. No business licence means the tenant is operating his/her business illegally.

Boycott has nothing to do with the court case as long as we do not continue to talk about the legal stuff by which it ended up in court. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

actions had been taken in past:

1. issued x times of warning letter done by lawyer
  2. called the police
  3. approached councillor

police turned up to be good frend of this guy, and he ignored the lawyer letters (the case kept dragging n postponed for two yrs! thanks to malaysia legal system…). councillor kinda try to keep away from this kind of dispute (yea, this tenant is a president of a famous local society) there’s an agreement, but this thick-face guy claimed tat he’s terminated the agreement so the contractors no longer has any right towards the stalls.

it proves me right again justice can never prevail in environment like malaysia!! :cry:

updates!!

this heartless guy successfully cut off the water & electricity supply today, while he 1) hasnt paid a single cent for the bill, the other two tenants paying full on mthly basis 2) even the deposit is paid by the contractor!!

i m forced to award this guy with the most creative n cunning cafe runner in town!! u r the best!! pay no single cent but can occupy a place for 2 year, tat’s overwhelming impressive!!!

if u taking my story seriously, just boycott the first malay stall at the cultural walk (at the junction there)!!

No pic of the place?

is the place located oposite Ming Cafe??

smart Mr AA!! it has illegal power cables connected from shoplots…

Heard about this b4 and also the rent for the al the stall on that area from a good source.
I’m a little bit surprised for everything. This shouldn’t be happen.
Somebody is making easy money here.

yea… anyone has better solution?

If by legal means cannot solve the problem. U can use the opposite way, the illegal way , to solve ur problem. If u use lawyer just helping u type a few letters u have to pay oso. Since they know the police very well then u mst find a BIG BROTHER who are aggressive and powerful to help dun find those “half pale water”.