Boy, 15, shot dead after car chase

SHAH ALAM: A 15-year-old boy was shot dead while reversing his car in an attempt to run over several policemen. The incident happened about 2am yesterday in Jalan 11/2G, Section 11 here.

Four policemen from the district police station, who were involved in the shooting, have been transferred to desk duties with immediate effect pending investigations.

Selangor police chief Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar said the policemen were on patrol in two cars when they spotted two men behaving suspiciously inside a car at Section 14 here.

They signalled for the driver to pull over for inspection.

However, the driver sped off, forcing the policemen to give chase in their vehicles.

After beating several red lights, the patrol cars managed to corner the suspects’ car.

“A male passenger jumped out and escaped on foot while the driver reversed his car and tried to run over the policemen, forcing them to open fire,” Khalid said yesterday.

He said one of the policemen fired four shots at the tyres of the car but one of the bullets is believed to have hit the boy, killing him instantly. Police found a parang inside the car which is believed to have been used in robberies.

"I deeply regret and am saddened with what had happened.

“I have appointed an officer from the Selangor police headquarters contingent to conduct a thorough investigation. We will also investigate why the suspects tried to escape when stopped by the police.”

He said all four policemen would be investigated although only one of them fired the shots.

The boy’s body was sent to the Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital for post-mortem.

Police are looking for the other suspect who escaped.

Meanwhile, the dead boy’s sister does not believe that her brother would purposely attempt to run over the policemen and said he was not a criminal.

“He is only 15. How can he be a criminal? I think he was trying to escape because he panicked when the policemen told him to pull over, not because he had committed any crime.”

She also disputed the finding of a parang in the boy’s car, adding that the incident took place only 100m from their family home in Jalan Makyong.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/ … index_html

who said 15 cannot be a criminal?

u dunno what ur kids r doin these dayz…

depending on the race of the boy, this case can dragged on n on long time…

should be accidentally shot dead le…

Of course the sister would like her bro names to be clear from any crime offends.
Her reason is logic, 15 years old boy panicked and he don’t know how serious it is dealing with police.

The police perhaps did not see very clearly who was inside the car and never expected it was just a 15 years old boy.
So they take it very seriously.
They claimed to shoot the tires of the car. But it’s far from logic for the blind bullet to went into the drivers cockpit don’t you think so?
In my opinion the police is trying to shoot the driver’s arms or the driver’s itself as nowadays is full of crime so they(the policemen) take this incident very serious and never expect it was just a boy.

About the parang used in robberies?
How strong a 15 years old up town boy can be? If a kampong boy then I believe he is strong enough.

But the sister denying about having parang in their car?
But the police won’t lie don’t they?

Erm…

This case is hard…

Wow, I feel like CONAN!

Anyway if you were in the shoes of those policemen… What would your reaction be? Lucky enough he did not run into innocent people who may/might be out there…

I think they certainly wouldn’t expect a 15 yo kid to be in the car driving such way…

wgn_white i told you to join me :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Two sides to a coin, I’d reckon :wink:

15 YEAR OLD… DRIVING WITHOUT LICENCE …SIAPA TAK LARI DARI POLIS…

[quote=“wgn_white”]Of course the sister would like her bro names to be clear from any crime offends.
Her reason is logic, 15 years old boy panicked and he don’t know how serious it is dealing with police.

The police perhaps did not see very clearly who was inside the car and never expected it was just a 15 years old boy.
They claimed to shoot the tires of the car. But it’s far from logic for the blind bullet to went into the drivers cockpit don’t you think so?
In my opinion the police is trying to shoot the driver’s arms or the driver’s itself as nowadays is full of crime so they(the policemen) take this incident very serious and never expect it was just a boy.

How strong a 15 years old up town boy can be? If a kampong boy then I believe he is strong enough.

But the sister denying about having parang in their car?
But the police won’t lie don’t they?

Erm…

This case is hard…

Wow, I feel like CONAN![/quote]

Polis wont lie? As far as i know the police is one of the most notorious liar and wont hesitant to cover up their mistake anytime.

Quote from a Policeman:
“tapi kalau die dah mengancam nyawa kite…
tak yah tunggu arahan…
dari kite mati baik die mati”

Which I think is logical… I myself would do the same thing(shoot tyre) … Just that he’s 15yo and surely lots of ppl would defend what he did… solid reason would be it’s hard to see at that time… 2AM o…

Shoot tyres can shoot until driver…

maybe the driver hiding behind tayar. who knows. only those who involve knows…huhu

nowadays, the punishment for driving without valid license is shot dead.

Doesn’t anybody ever watch COPS or World’s Wildest/Scariest Police Chases or something?
It never ends well when you try to run from the police and it only makes things worse.

Courtroom…
Lawyer: why u shoot him 10+ times ?

Police: Coz I run out of bullets…

why cant they mount a video camera inside the police car?..to prove any case with hard evidence

according to the news, this boy gets shocked after his fren fleed the scene. then he sped off to his home which is 100m away to go back. he’s just ignoring the cops command only which ordered him to stop. so why the hell the cop shot him on the head? he’s just 15, cant think wisely and matured, esp during the situation. im really pissed off with that cop. hopefully the family can take legal action against the cops.

should have a poll for this

[quote=“wgn_white”]Of course the sister would like her bro names to be clear from any crime offends.

[size=150]But the sister denying about having parang in their car?
But the police won’t lie don’t they?[/size]

Erm…

This case is hard…

Wow, I feel like CONAN![/quote]

i LoL’ed, :oops: sorry >.<

‘Don’t call him a robber’, says mom of teenager shot by police

2010/04/27

SHAH ALAM: Norsiah Mohamad, the mother of 15-year-old Aminulrasyid Amzah who was fatally shot early yesterday for allegedly trying to knock into patrol policemen, has asked that her son not be called a robber or criminal, saying she knew who her son really was.

“As a mother who had raised him, I feel hurt and appeal that my son not be described that way. It’s unfair to accuse my son without confirmation,” she told reporters at her house when Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Datuk Seri Noh Omar visited her today.

Norsiah, 61, said she did not mean that her son was perfect but to her, Aminulrasyid was a cheerful teenager who was active in sports, had many friends and was to sit for the Penilaian Menengah Rendah examination this year.

“I did not expect that his being overly loving of late by kissing and hugging me each day would just be in memory. He also seriously wanted to clean up the grave of his father who died in 2004, but it was not meant to be,” she said.

Norsiah said her family had lodged a report at the Shah Alam district police headquarters last night on the shooting incident which killed her son.

Aminulrasyid was alleged to have been hit by shots fired by patrol policemen after be was believed to be reversing the car he was driving into the policemen to escape a roadblock.

His friend, however, managed to flee in the 2am incident in Section 11 here and just about 100 metres away from his (Aminulrasyid’s) house.

According to police, a machete was found in the car.

Noh said he would raise the issue of the teenager’s death in the shooting at the Cabinet meeting tomorrow to ask for police to investigate the case in a fair manner.

He said Selangor police chief Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar himself had assured that there would be a thorough investigation into the case and those responsible would not be protected.

Noh, who is also Selangor Umno liaison deputy chairman, said the state Umno was prepared to assist the teenager’s family, including providing legal service if required.

Meanwhile, Selangor Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim urged that the investigation into the shooting incident be conducted with honesty and transparency to know what actually happened.

"What is important is for all quarters to understand the matter and the innocent be protected.

“Perhaps in two weeks’ time we will invite the state police chief to discuss what can be done to combat crime without endangering innocent lives,” he told a press conference after the official opening of the Shah Alam Convention Centre by the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, here, today.
On the family’s welfare, Khalid said state Welfare, Women’s Affairs, Science, Technology and Innovation Committee chairman Rodziah Ismail would be looking at the situation before taking any action.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/ … index_html

According to the news:
“A male passenger jumped out and escaped on foot while the driver reversed his car and tried to run over the policemen, forcing them to open fire,”

Still… One of the policemen must have bad sight to have shot the driver or it was really the intention of disabling the driver which they didn’t know was a kid…