Boxing/Full Contact Kickboxing: Any classes/coach in Miri?

I’ve been searching for either classes or a coach in Miri to keep up my training in boxing, or also full-contact kickboxing. Does anyone have a contact?

Thanks!

Back during my school days (1997) boxing was just starting to gain attention in Miri. Friends of mine whom took it up had to go to Pusat Belia (Youth Sports center) for coaching/training. I don’t have any contacts in particular and I am unsure whether that group is still active, but if you’re willing to give it a try, you can drop by the place which is right next to St. Columbus middle school to ask. Good luck!

Try Sibu! I heard before there is training school in Sibu, don’t know whether you guys still remember there was a gold medal if i’m not mistaken it’s from Sea Game back 199+ which I also forgot the actual year. The Gold medal was from Sibu, anyone remember that?

Yes, I remember seeing a little Dayak guy winning the feather-weight (?) championship in the last SEA Games. I know he’s from Sarawak, but not sure which division.

You know it’s strange to see Miri now as a city still lacks of choices in types sports available. Being a city and all, the crime rate would certainly increase. I would surely hope some day someone will start a kick-boxing class and I’ll be the first to sign-up my mum for her own safety! :smiley:

i think the guy’s name is Sapok Biki??

Yes, I think that’s him. A quick search in google confirms it:
http://fotoweb.bernama.com/foto/seagames/profile.asp?id=417&negara=Malaysia&sukan=Boxing

Wondering if he will be around for the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games which is 13 days from now (http://www.melbourne2006.com.au/Channels/).

well, i am interested too.
i noted an advertisement during 1996 on the local Miri newspaper, but i reached there no one was there.

i am an admirer of Ali.
and Tyson as well, of course not his ear biting skill…
hahaha

I heard about Sibu also got one.
If Miri got sure I will join, at the same time i can keep fit also…
hehe

[quote=“brianvavo”]well, i am interested too.
i noted an advertisement during 1996 on the local Miri newspaper, but i reached there no one was there.[/quote]
Really kah? Where is this place where the advertiser stood you up? Pusat Belia or at some other place? :smiley:

if i am not mistaken the newspaper i read it from Borneo Post…
it stated “New Recruitment” at Dewan Suarah Miri.
When i go there, i didnt see anyone there setting up a booth for recruitment…

then my friend thought maybe it is for the school athlete only…

and after that people told me to go somewhere opposite Dewan Suarah…
i found a gym… and that is not a boxing class it is only a gym for all athlete…

and i went back to school i asked the activity teacher… he told me the time of the boxing class at pusat belia but i went also no one there…

TTT

so… is there any class for kickboxing? hmm, not for training, but more to fitness? im interested.

u all kumpul money, hire a muay thai instructor from thailand ask him come miri teach… that would solve the prob hehehe…

Is there any in miri?

if got boxing class at miri… i want to join too, my late grandfather one of my idol in boxing!! that inspire me.

[quote=“ShimmyMonster”]I’ve been searching for either classes or a coach in Miri to keep up my training in boxing, or also full-contact kickboxing. Does anyone have a contact?

Thanks![/quote]

kickboxing is really my way of physical work out aside from self defense…but as of now i forgot the possible contacts.In fact i just doing d i y practice! 8)

Consciousness is much more than the thorn, it is the black jack knives in the flesh.

There’s muay thai class at Ace Fitness, Saberkas area. Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat at 7-8pm. Can google their contact for further queries :mrgreen: