Bottled mineral water?

Anyone here drink bottled mineral water? Heck, I think that’s a wrong question, I should ask anyone doesn’t drink bottled mineral water here?
Lol.
I think it’s like a cult to drink mineral water, isn’t it?
Just think about it.
Well, it taste nothing more like tap water. But the price is like, whoa… a few dollars per bottle.
I sometimes, wonder, what makes bottled mineral water so expeinsive, was it the bottle or was it the water?
Last time, I remember there was a news about it on TV3 that complaints about how expensive bottled mineral water are.
Anyone have any opinion on this topic?

[quote=“cheekui”]Anyone here drink bottled mineral water? Heck, I think that’s a wrong question, I should ask anyone doesn’t drink bottled mineral water here?
Lol.
Just think about it.
Well, it taste nothing more like tap water. But the price is like, whoa… a few dollars per bottle.
I sometimes, wonder, what makes bottled mineral water so expeinsive, was it the bottle or was it the water?
Last time, I remember there was a news about it on TV3 that complaints about how expensive bottled mineral water are.
Anyone have any opinion on this topic?[/quote]

I remember the issue was big in Singapore especially on the water kiddy fights about who imports whose water. Not too big of a deal in Miri though.

I drink filtered, boiled tap water.

Hahaha. But that’s not the point of this topic :slight_smile:
Maybe we can discuss what makes bottled mineral water so expensive?
It’s like big money if you have a factory that produce mineral water.
There’s so many brands out there.
Just to name a few, Splash, the cheapest I have known, they are sold S$3.48 per ctn (That’s the direct price from supplier, to voda-voda.

[quote=“cheekui”]Hahaha. But that’s not the point of this topic :slight_smile:
Maybe we can discuss what makes bottled mineral water so expensive?
It’s like big money if you have a factory that produce mineral water.
There’s so many brands out there.
Just to name a few, Splash, the cheapest I have known, they are sold S$3.48 per ctn (That’s the direct price from supplier, to voda-voda.[/quote]

Well, it costs money to make bottles, hire the people, print out the labels and seal the caps… and with rising oil prices, plastic bottles are getting very expensive and so is transport… it’s probably overpriced by a smaller margin than one would expect though. That, and the QC to make sure that your water does not cause mass poisoning and a hefty lawsuit.

Thats bring us to a question of how the price of mineral water could be similar to that of petrol.

I think Petrol is even cheaper.
Why should we waste money on bottled mineral water?
Maybe becos what the advertisers mentioned about the minerals contained in the water.
All the irons, bla bla bla…

[quote=“cheekui”]I think Petrol is even cheaper.
Why should we waste money on bottled mineral water?
Maybe becos what the advertisers mentioned about the minerals contained in the water.
All the irons, bla bla bla…[/quote]

Can get better minerals by licking sand…

Hehe… interesting idea.
Let me ask some experts about this.

what makes bottled mineral water so expeinsive, was it the bottle or was it the water?

Willing buyer and willing seller. That is why! I believe you also need license to make bottled drinking water… you know what I mean?

Yea, no one force us to buy it. It’s some sort of an awareness. But is all the hype about mineral water real?

One this is for sure, the profits they make from bottled water is off the charts…

But i think ppl usually buy bottled water for convinience… like when one goes travelling long distance by car, or during sports meets or outdoor activites.

I australia, one could buy bottled water off vending machines and the price is higher than bottled soft drinks.

…maybe its just good marketing?

[quote=“ian”][quote=“cheekui”]Anyone here drink bottled mineral water? Heck, I think that’s a wrong question, I should ask anyone doesn’t drink bottled mineral water here?
Lol.
Just think about it.
Anyone have any opinion on this topic?[/quote]

I remember the issue was big in Singapore especially on the water kiddy fights about who imports whose water. Not too big of a deal in Miri though.

I drink filtered, boiled tap water.[/quote]
Yes I am! I just wanna say thank you for sharing this information to us. Hoping that this will not be the last post that I could be read written by you. Seems like a great taste!

Everpure Filters