Blogging in Malaysia ranks among highest in the world

The Star

MALAYSIA has about 500,000 active bloggers, ranking the country among the highest in the world after Indonesia and the European Union, Utusan Malaysia reported.

According to Universiti Malaya media department lecturer, Dr Abu Hassan Hasbullah, this showed the power of blogs in influencing the thinking of the people, especially about politics.

He said blogs currently had a wide reach considering how many Internet users visited these sites everyday.

Our research shows that 70% of the election results were influenced by information in the blogs, he said.

Dr Abu Hassan said the ruling government could use blogs but pointed out that it would take a long time for it to be popular.

Yaaaawwwwwnnnn

Try not to even give anything at all if you don’t like to.

Try not to even give anything at all if you don’t like to.[/quote]

ok will remember next time :wink:

i was following her example because she does it so often

[quote=“LadyBird”]
Dr Abu Hassan said the ruling government could use blogs but pointed out that it would take a long time for it to be popular.[/quote]

Its impossible for the government to make their blog popular with restraints.

Anyone can blog…
Although there are lots of bloggers in Malaysia, but not everyone is PRO blogger.
I think if the government have a blog, should have lots of criticize comments.

government can tahan ppl critize or not?the young ppl maybe go one time and will not go for next time

Try not to even give anything at all if you don’t like to.[/quote]

ok will remember next time :wink:

i was following her example because she does it so often[/quote]

Oh really, will note that too…

back to the topic…

I thought our ex-tech ministry told us not to believe in what blogger said o.o

[quote=“super_moderator”]ok will remember next time :wink:

i was following her example because she does it so often[/quote]
how often if i may know?

So what’s the point? Use blog to influence the votes kah? Boleh jalan ini idea?

now the government noticed on the influence of a blog…

I think if Government uses blog as a platform to communicate with people, it can enhance the relationship between Government and people.

That is if they take criticism positively instead of taking compliments and praise only. The communication minister shown example that’s just the opposite of ‘enhancing’ relationship between the .gov and the masses. But then again, it could only be him…

aiya, lu mana itu masa general election dulu?

no wonder government wan2 control the bloggers…

thought it was logging he he he

Impossible la… :lol: Government are very BUSY de 8) BUSY calculating thier ‘‘PROFIT’’ :lol:

Very funny article bcos when u read the title u expect the discussion focus on how Malaysia blogging ranked top etc
but only in intro bit the rest is bout how politician may use blogging as a bait for more supporters…
title isn’t so suitable… Star always write like tht kah?