Blogging contest, anyone?

Just curious, will anyone (particularly the local bloggers) be interested to participate in a blogging contest? I suppose a topic will be given together with some keywords, and using your own writing style, wits and experience to come up with an original article of about 500++ words in English? I suppose it would be nice if this contest is open to everyone (e.g. moderators, members, non-members). As for the panel judges, well, public voted? It would be nice to get a feel of interested participants before I work out the details and interesting prizes. Feel free to share your thoughts on this here (for registered miricom members) or email me at jack@miricommunity.net (for you lurkers out there). :smiley:

extend to mirian based blogger only? if yes, kindly stated that in the t&c for clarification. suggest to have at least one blogger in the judge panel. reason being is a blogger know how a blogger writes (e.g: camwhoring, sms style of writing, etc.). none blogger may see it as irrelevant to the topic given.

hopefully this contest would be a platform for some to use bloggers as their marketing tools for their products. :wink:

ps-i’ll join if the prizes are attractive. :stuck_out_tongue:

whats the prize? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[quote=“LadyBird”]extend to mirian based blogger only? if yes, kindly stated that in the t&c for clarification. suggest to have at least one blogger in the judge panel. reason being is a blogger know how a blogger writes (e.g: camwhoring, sms style of writing, etc.). none blogger may see it as irrelevant to the topic given.

hopefully this contest would be a platform for some to use bloggers as their marketing tools for their products. :wink:

ps-i’ll join if the prizes are attractive. :P[/quote]

Agree with ladybird and if ppl don;t mind, would like to vote ladybird as one of the judge… :wink:

yeahhh…i cant join the contest. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ladybird has always been one of the active spokesperson in the miricom blogosphere, and it would be great to have her as one of the panel judges. But should she choose to take the role & not able to participate as a contestant, that means you guys will have a greater chance of winning the prizes. :wink:

Well, for starters, let’s look at the following draft:

1. 500++ words in the article? Is this too much?
  2. Open for Mirians only (locals, expats, or locals/expats outstation).
  3. Writing style: your choice as long as the scope of topic & keywords are intact to be qualified.
  4. Articles will be judged upon: creativity, factual accuracy for quoted references, proper scope of topic & keywords, proper usage of English as medium, positivity, unbiased opinions, etc. More criteria will be added as we go along with the discussion.
  5. Depending on the number of participants, the 5 (or more) most popularly voted articles will be nominated for the blog article of the year, whereby the final winner will judged and picked.
  6. The aim of this contest is not for the sake of doing a contest to encourage sponsorship or the likes (though it would be nice), but the real aim is to allow Miri Community Network to give back to Miri and her community for their great and wonderful support throughout the years.

What else can we add in? Also let me see a raise of hands for those who would like to participate in this blogging contest. :smiley:

raising and waving her hand to participate but been stop by smallee :lol:

i dont mind to be in the judge panel if my participation/presence ‘intimidate’ other bloggers to join. :stuck_out_tongue: honestly jack, im honoured for the trust given to me (cliche statement :stuck_out_tongue: ).

so why wait bloggers? this is the time for you to ‘shine’ and ready for the t&c of the contest. feel free to ask for further clarification if you’re not sure where to start. :wink:

Just curious guys, will it be ok to have supporting photos added to the blog article for this contest? It may enhance the relaying of information, but should it have merit when it is being judged? Please tell me what you think. :smiley:

As for prizes, well, will cash reward sound interesting to you all? :wink:

On the same note, allow me announce to interested individual/group to PM or send me an email at jack@miricommunity.net if you wish to sponsor this contest event. It will definitely be a rewarding experience. :smiley:

A poll is now added. Kindly share your thoughts guys. :smiley:

Good platform for blogger to introduce their blog. This will increase readership for their blog. It will make miricommunity like other blogsphere such as bloggerunited, IMcurtain, Project Petaling Street and much more. Maybe I would like to consider myself to join this contest.

No takers?

Bloggers, show your hidden talent. You could be like him of Miri.

bukan no taker, there are many of 'em out there probably ‘shy2 cat’ or wait and see how other responding to it.

Interesting. I’ll join :slight_smile:

[quote=“stay1”]No takers?

Bloggers, show your hidden talent. You could be like him of Miri.[/quote]

Just be yourself. Not need to follow someone. It like you lose your own “trademark” or personality. Kennysia is kennysia.

Just be yourself. Not need to follow someone. It like you lose your own “trademark” or personality. Kennysia is kennysia.

What I meant was anyone can be as popular as him with their own blogging style. Everyone is unique.

What’s the prize? Ipod Touch again?

Urm… only use blogger(blogspot) or can use our .com domain?

I think no one can beat ladybird blog :mrgreen:

As for prize, I’m thinking of something better - cold hard cash. We already have sponsors interested in supporting this cause, and we’re still open for other interested parties. Would that be better than just another Ipod Touch? :wink:

As for the platform, I’m open to anything - service provider (e.g. blogspot.com, wordpress.com, friendster, facebook - if it has a page for blog article, etc), or own hosted website (e.g. wordpress, frontpage, plain HTML file, etc). Any system & platform, as long as it is accessible online for everyone to review. :smiley:

I’m interested. Count me in :wink:

Maybe I would join too…

How it is? One domain = 1 participation?

Got limit?