Bitcoin users in Miri anyone?

(Awesomian1st) #1

just asking if any mirian owns cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin. feel like tipping some to you fellow Oil Town folks…

(wgn_white) #2

I know the existing but never mine them.
Never use them in real transaction.

(ZoOL) #3

Tried to do some harvest but… failed miserably lol… i don’t have a dedicated machine to do coin harvesting :disappointed:

(budlight) #4

Another Bitcoin exchange collapsed yesterday, Hong Kong MyCoin disappears with $387M.

(zodiacking) #5

Tried bitcoin mining few years back, due to lack of proper hardware (mid end gpu), the result is very not favorable…
but from what i read nowadays, the bitcoin “ecosystem” is not very stable lately… Such as what you, budlight, mentioned, another exchange collapsed…

(whatman) #6

A waste of time & money. Also unreliable and incredibly risky.

(wgn_white) #7

I’d rather “mine” US dollars than these bit coins if you know what I mean…

(zodiacking) #8

that’s the point… haha… mining bitcoins == mining US dollars… simpler and more straight forward… just run the program and come back weeks later

(budlight) #9

Fyi,
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/30/politics/federal-agents-charged-with-stealing-bitcoin/
This is Robinhood of a different kind!

(wgn_white) #10
zodiacking said:
that's the point... haha.. mining bitcoins == mining US dollars... simpler and more straight forward... just run the program and come back weeks later
No lol.
bitcoins =/= USD. :3

This bitcoins phenomenon is like the "tulip phenomenon".
When everyone doesn't see it as value, it's as if owning a 1 million coins inside Pokemon games. :3

(zodiacking) #11
wgn_white said:
zodiacking said:
that's the point... haha.. mining bitcoins == mining US dollars... simpler and more straight forward... just run the program and come back weeks later
No lol.

When everyone doesn't see it as value, it's as if owning a 1 million coins inside Pokemon games. :3
Don't worry, the "bubble" haven't burst yet, maybe few more years... hehe... some exchange accept 1 bitcoin for USD200
The problem lies on whether you can afford the resources needed to start "heavy" mining...
With some powerful hardware, you can mine 1 bitcoin in 1-2 weeks time...

(wgn_white) #12
zodiacking said:
wgn_white said:
zodiacking said:
No lol.

Don't worry, the "bubble" haven't burst yet, maybe few more years... hehe... some exchange accept 1 bitcoin for USD200
The problem lies on whether you can afford the resources needed to start "heavy" mining...
With some powerful hardware, you can mine 1 bitcoin in 1-2 weeks time...
Some people specialized in selling the machine...

Now if we look back during California Gold Rush age, the person who make the most of the money is the one sell the gold digging equipment rather than those who go for the gold digging themself.

(Awesomian1st) #13

Mining? who the heck still mines?

(Awesomian1st) #14

Before i get killed by waves of “cb** you lnc*ao”, please understand that im drunk and pissed after a stroll with trolls on reddit.

Im just asking if anyones owns any Bits or Doges… Why am i getting a hate vibe seemingly because this “bubble” isnt “making quick profits anymore”? by the way, bitcoin has been around for 9 years… thats a decade. so if its a bubble, heck this is a long-lasting bubble. im not talking about making quickbuck ■■■■; go to SureWin4You for that nonsense. im saying owning a money that is not affected by any government body, a money thats entirely up to its users to decide its worth. a money that embodies what it is to be an internet user. a money that doesnt go kaput because some stupid oil price drop. a money that i can send to literally anyone on the internet without NSA or CID looking at me. sure, we have Visa and Paypal, so i hope you liked being ■■■■■■ by chargebacks and banking fees. a money that cant be forged, can’t be duplicated, hacked yes, only because idiots put “1234” as their ■■■■■■■ password. Bitcoin is about freedom, anonymity and transparency. ask a bank to show you their full ledger, i’d pay to look at that, have a peak under their filthy lying hood. fyi, bitcoin lets you have full access to their transactions, you can see EACH AND EVERY one of it, and yet still keep its users anon… that’s freedom, man… and every risk involved in using bitcoin has been because of the user’s mistake, complacency and greed… albeit i have only actually starting to use cryptocurrencies after the bloom, i have been using it without incident since ever… so yea… high risk…

(angel_lina) #15

My man has some (very little actually) and he stopped mining quite some time ago. Yeah, you are right about bitcoin being not affected by a lot of things, especially that dramatic oil price drop that puts many oil field workers into much anxiety and panic.

(wgn_white) #16

Well, what have you bought?

(Awesomian1st) #17

basically, if the vendor accepts botcoin, i’ll skip my visa card. btw f*** Paypal and their chargbacks.

(zodiacking) #18

so you buy those coin is it?..
won’t those coin cost quite a bit of $$$?..

(ZoOL) #19

In recent news, i have been hearing bad news about bitcoin as if they are closing down one by one due to bankruptcy

(Awesomian1st) #20
livedlooz said:
In recent news, i have been hearing bad news about bitcoin as if they are closing down one by one due to bankruptcy
Those are exchanges not to be cunfused with bitcoin itself.. kinda like companies that does stocks and trades and stuff. actually yes there are companies that go down, Mt Gox, BTer, Flexion, Bittfloor and whole lotta others. just like there are companies that shuts down or trust funds that dissapear after failed trades or losses.

However, people always sensationalise it as "BITCOIN GOIN DOWN DUDES!!!" its not that case, if you ask someone to keep your money and they lost it, it doesnt make the money bad. its the same case as bitcoin. Almost ALL stolen coins are those that were kept online (onlline wallet) or in exchange funds. If a person keeps his btc in his/her hot or cold wallet, encrypt and consolidate his addresses often and is careful enough not to let people get on his/her computer generally it should be as safe (safer) than his fiat bank account.

im sorry if im not making that good of a sales pitch to make much difference but if any of you are even mildly curious you can start by reading this random article

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/04/16/bitcoin-is-the-worlds-most-dangerous-idea/
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/03/03/why-bitcoin-is-changing-how-banks-do-business/
http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-blockchain-technology-dominic-frisby-2015-1?IR=T&