Bicycle lane for miri

(stupidhead) #61

mostly xc… downhill… u can try canadian hill… but i’m not familiar… i too scared…

(miriboy) #62

me still new with MTB… hiking so so nia… MTB sure hit here and there i guess…

(stupidhead) #63

new? hmm… depends on how good you are i guess…
if dh, not many lah… but xc a lot… many ride every sunday… u go try and see, you’ll be surprised… :wink:

(miriboy) #64

tks ya… btw, what is your ride ? did u go ride every sunday ? do we really need light MTB ? i thking ride MTB for keep fit nia. hahaha… not really go race o… i thking, if really got energy, maybe could get better ride, otherwise useless if i buy hi-end / very light ride… give me comment pls, tks.

(cIvIc_noob) #65

Hey where’s everyone who wanted a bicycle lane, come on people send more request into the city council, if more people lodge a request we can get our voice heard

(stupidhead) #66

may i know what bike you have…?

if u just want to get fit, and u have a heavy bike, and u r a beginner… may be can try cycle on something less challenging to start with… where do u live? may be got good trails around there…

there’s a group cycling on easier trials on saturday morning… do u work sat morning…?

(stupidhead) #67

there are good reasons why proper mtb’s are light, and expensive… may i suggest you dont buy anything first… go join a ride, see what other people use, may be even can try other’s bikes, then after a few rides you can decide how much you want to spend… but if you stay on flat dry ground and ride to keep fit, you don’t really need a light weight or expensive bike… but of course if you are one of those who benefited from the good economy of miri, then you can go right away to buy a good bike… the price ranges from 2k-20k new… i suggest you take a look at hiap ho - it’s a bike shop in boulevard area, corner shop, opposite across the road from shoon jin (previously boulevard) restaurant… the boss name is nick, he usually have a few new bikes, some customers bike (sent for service, upgrade or something) or even 2nd hand bikes in the shop - upstairs… good luck.

(allokitty) #68

You can see me lepak at that shop sometimes, got library of books of bikes to read…hee hee… :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(dennos) #69

if i don have bicycle, can i ask for bicycle lane?

(jcmk) #70

So, allokitty, do u still cycle to work ? I am quite interested in doing so but I wonder how do u deal with the roundabout ? Do you go along with the traffic flow ? Say from 6 o’clock turn into 3 o’clock ? You follow the traffic flow or you cut from 6 to 3 directly (againts traffic flow) ? :? if not much traffic then ok la. Mind to share your experience a bit ?

(allokitty) #71

Sometimes i cycle to work, now since it raining season i drive car instead untill hot season return back then i cycle again. But after work i go play my bike.

I always cycle along the trafic flow. I only cut if i have to for short distance like 50M not more than that else you’re asking for it. When you follow the traffic flow its is much safe because if you crash atleast the impact against any car is minimal due to non-head-on collision. Plus when you follow the flow especially heavy traffic the wind resistant is low due to wind drafting pushing you to the front which makes it lighter to pedal your bike. Its like the car suck you behind it and less pedal required = DRAFTING.

When cutting though roundabout lane always follow clockwise and keep it far left and must always shielded by a car on your right side so that if some car wanna knock you off from the other lane the right car will shield you off like a wall. So ride smart.

Btw i don’t ride much on the road, usually i ride through stairs case, kaki-lima, climb over trailer for hitch-a-ride or just off-roading behind the jungle to reach from point A to point B, ride on the narrow concrete wall, ride on neighbour fence, draft behind busses or along shop corridor. Bike hashing…hehehehe…

(wandyhee) #72

Ok folks, our office will move to another location by early next month, and i’m thingking to get bicycle as my second transportation. As i’m sure lot of you in this thread can give me advise on what bicycle to buy. one of my office mate advise to get aluminium/alloy frame, as it’s light. also let me know the price range for the one you recommend.

I would spend rm2000 and below and prefer mountain bike type. Now i’m surfing on LeRun website, but I dont see any price tag

(ian) #73

Just don’t go for LeRun. Anything but.

(wandyhee) #74

so, what is your recomendation on brand?

(ian) #75

Go for the nice ones like Cannondale, Specialized, Raleigh etc. Not sure if they have them here but then again seek advice from the bike shop those guys have pointed out in previous posts.

(allokitty) #76

[quote=“wandyhee”]Ok folks, our office will move to another location by early next month, and i’m thingking to get bicycle as my second transportation. As i’m sure lot of you in this thread can give me advise on what bicycle to buy. one of my office mate advise to get aluminium/alloy frame, as it’s light. also let me know the price range for the one you recommend.

I would spend rm2000 and below and prefer mountain bike type. Now i’m surfing on LeRun website, but I dont see any price tag[/quote]

Lerun? i can destroy that bike with my pedal power in just 10 minutes. Lerun now under Polygon manufacturer which their frame material is unreliable and easily cracked after few rides.

For your budget i recommend you get European brand “MERIDA” which you can get from HIAP HO bike shop near Boulevard center.
FYI all bikes already made Aluminum alloy at cheaper price but what makes it different between high quality and low quality nowadays are the ergonomic qeometry frame, composite material or metal matrix, parts durability and handling.

**tips. If you bought a bike, ride and your back spine hurts or feel not comfortable then its a bad bike regardless what price it is.

I prefer bikes that was rebuilt from scratch or custom made where frame and parts are special hand picked and specially hand build rather than stock factory.

(wandyhee) #77

thanks for your advise allokitty, i’ll check at HIAP HO whenever I have free time.

anyone else willing to give some suggestion?

(allokitty) #78

When you at Hiap Ho, look for the bike located at 1st floor, not ground floor ya.

(wandyhee) #79

good info, so i know where is the exact thing I want 8)

(wandyhee) #80

went to Hiap Ho during lunch time and check the bicycle. 5 years warranty for MERIDA. will make final decision soon on which one to pick.