BEWARE: ToyCity Car in MERDEKA MALL

P/s: I hope you guys will understand what i am trying to tell due to my english are really BAD!!! :oops: Oh My English!! :roll:

I bring my son to Merdeka Mall on 08/07/2012 and he ask for play the remote control car just next to the Japaneses Fast Food restaurant there. One of the worker come to me and told me RM5/10mins. After my son choose his “dream car”, another Chinese worker come to collect the money from me and the 1st worker help my son to start his engine.

Within a minutes, I saw the sterling wheel from the car “broke” by my son. For sure, i go to see what was happen immediately. I saw the sterling wheel of the car was broken and a cell tape still sticking there. The worker bring back my son with the broken car and just told me that the car broken then walk away. So, i decided to go to tell the Chinese lady that i would like to change another car since my son not yet play the car already broken.

The Chinese lady come to me and don’t wait for me to talk and said:" Miss, your son broke the car you have to compensate it." I was really stunned and told her that the car already broke and not my son broke it! The Chinese lady then tell me that the car was broken but they already fix it before they let my son play. I told her that my son only 4y/o and how can he easily broke the sterling wheel within 1 second? Again, the Chinese lady told me with her stupid answer said: “This car is made of plastic, So it can easily broke if you turn it too hard.”

I told the Chinese lady that is not my fault. The car already broken and she can’t ask me to pay anything but she insist to ask me to pay for that car. I told her that i want to talk to her boss, So she call her boss. I told her boss that the car already broken and just fix it with a slide of cell tape, and now broke again how can you ask me to compensate it? But then, her boss hang up my phone… No manners…

The Chinese lady then tell me, If i insist not to pay for that car, my son cannot choose another car to play again even though i already paid for 10minutes. I was so angry with what they do. If they really know the car got problem they should tell the customer before they let the children play the car! Please beware…

Ok. Thanks for the info.

played once…i oso very hairan,hw cn they get license ??? all the kid were jalan hre n thr use the car/bike but they rent a spot nya ???

but truth is,if they keep on insisting n insisting n insisting u to pay …u can saman them

“This car is made of plastic, So it can easily broke if you turn it too hard.”

Haha. Like they can advice kids about not to turn too hard?

Why not use better material for the toy car.

Its ridiculous to expect kids to treat the toy cars as fragile.

Even those coin operated kids right can withstand abuse from an adult.

wow what a scam

thanx for the info

they just want money, how do they care …

CHEATERS !!!

what a scam… and what a shame how they trying to make money. should not happened here… just not our culture

did you report to the building authority on the incident? scam like this should be taken seriously

[quote=“panzai”]what a scam… and what a shame how they trying to make money. should not happened here… just not our culture

did you report to the building authority on the incident? scam like this should be taken seriously[/quote]

LIKE.
Really hate those scammer.
RM5/10min is too expensive but for a parents to their kid it is still cheap.
They are disappointing the kid’s dream and the parents effort.

why don’t the workers says this toys car made in china so it can break easily.

FREAKING scammers!

cincai tis salesgirl…

You can file a tribunal case.

I am not sure it is scam or trap. Cos this is not the 1st time my son play that car Every time he choose the same car and nothing happen with it. Just after few months later, we go to play again, it broken. But you can see the wires on the Sterling wheel, they broke orderly. just like ppl using scissors to cut like that

How? Do you think the management will accept this case and stop their business? Maybe i shd try

Hmm… this is not a scam. I go to Merdeka Mall everyday to pick my wife from work and i always see this toy car business. Granted, it’s not a really proper spot to let all these children drive around due to it being a walkway lobby. But so far the worker have managed to keep everything in check. From my understanding, they did a DIY fix on a broken steering wheel. I don’t think that it’s a scam or anything. But probably there are some lack of understanding on the part of chinese girl who mind the place. Not sure whether she’s a worker or the girlfriend of the business owner, but she did show lack of undertanding of the situation. Just see it broken at first, and immediately think it’s a customer. Probably nervous as well. But the toke who hung up the phone… pheww. That’s a C-class douchebaggery.

Anyway, i hope it’s already settled. My daughter play a few times there and she alwys have fun. Hope this doesn’t happen to me though…

[quote=“Anhelicoodle”]Hmm… this is not a scam. I go to Merdeka Mall everyday to pick my wife from work and i always see this toy car business. Granted, it’s not a really proper spot to let all these children drive around due to it being a walkway lobby. But so far the worker have managed to keep everything in check. From my understanding, they did a DIY fix on a broken steering wheel. I don’t think that it’s a scam or anything. But probably there are some lack of understanding on the part of chinese girl who mind the place. Not sure whether she’s a worker or the girlfriend of the business owner, but she did show lack of undertanding of the situation. Just see it broken at first, and immediately think it’s a customer. Probably nervous as well. But the toke who hung up the phone… pheww. That’s a C-class douchebaggery.

Anyway, i hope it’s already settled. My daughter play a few times there and she alwys have fun. Hope this doesn’t happen to me though…[/quote]

I don’t mind to compensate if the car is really broken by my son. But the way they talk to customer are very rude! They don’t even give me a chance to talk and insist i must pay for the broken car. If they know the car already broken they should tell the customer in advance or just keep it aside. They don’t mention anything when my son sit in the car and end up they say my son broke it. I

you are wise u r right, shes a ■■■■■ :smiley: simple :smiley:

u’re right…the lady shouldnt do that…but no surprise tho…those are no ethic or harsh wood…tak sekolah punya org style cakap…u know…

I am not that mean to blame anyone. I just want to share my bad experience and to advice parents double check the vehicle before let to children sit in