Best way to get to Niah Caves?

Hi all, Im new on MiriCommunity.net . Anyway, I’d appreciate any suggestions on how to get to Niah Caves from Miri town on a weekday?

I know Bas Suria has a daily trip to Niah, but is it frequent enough? Can I count on it? Of course, no one wants to miss out on their transport back home after all that jungle-trekking and nature-lovin :expressionless:

Thanks in advance

liyana.

[quote=“nlr111”]Hi all, Im new on MiriCommunity.net . Anyway, I’d appreciate any suggestions on how to get to Niah Caves from Miri town on a weekday?

I know Bas Suria has a daily trip to Niah, but is it frequent enough? Can I count on it? Of course, no one wants to miss out on their transport back home after all that jungle-trekking and nature-lovin :expressionless:

Thanks in advance

liyana.[/quote]
welcome to miri community.net guy…i think the best way will be driving there…if you dont had a car,try get on bus to bintulu…and get bus to miri when come back home…i used to do that few years ago… :mrgreen: :mrgreen: go batu niah to sight seeing…

i try to look for a post related to your request but suddenly cannot find…

You won’t get lost in the niah cave anyway so dun worry. Staying overnight not as bad as you think.

[quote=“dasolve”]i try to look for a post related to your request but suddenly cannot find…

You won’t get lost in the niah cave anyway so dun worry. Staying overnight not as bad as you think.[/quote]
das,organized a trip of food hunt plus jungle trekking activity one day…we can bring along our new friend here to jungle trekking and food hunt…batu niah is under Miri state isnt it?try consider it… :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[quote=“dasolve”]i try to look for a post related to your request but suddenly cannot find…

You won’t get lost in the niah cave anyway so dun worry. Staying overnight not as bad as you think.[/quote]

Das… why not we going there for some photo shooting & at the same time side visiting ! :mrgreen:

king: i have been there twice already and the last time i was there was 1st of May le…

[quote=“nlr111”]Hi all, Im new on MiriCommunity.net . Anyway, I’d appreciate any suggestions on how to get to Niah Caves from Miri town on a weekday?

Thanks in advance

liyana.[/quote]

You can use the bus service from Miri.There used to be regular service.Be prepared,travelling in bus will take longer time as they stop in many places on the way.You should be able to catch the bus in the evening on your return .You can check at the bus station in Miri when is the last bus from Niah.

If you are stranded, there is some decent Inn (? Niah Inn )in the town area for you to relax in the night.

The climb to the cave can be tiring depending on the weather and how fit you are.

Wish you an enjoyable trip

Thanks, I went on a school trip 5 years back, so i had no worries about transportation. But my friends from KL are coming and they’d like to go to Niah Caves.

And Im just afraid after all that climbing, none of us would be able to drive back to miri. :wink:
And they have a tight schedule so I guess staying overnight would not be a good option

Thanks anyway !!

i dun think it will that tiring as you thought. i am not in the fit shape also no problem 1 day trip over there so you should be fine.