Bad service at sushiking miri

That day i went to sushi king at noon time…there is not much customer but still bad services…few waiter / waitress no looking at customer at all .Group in the counter.I went few times for the salmon head n desserts but there are always out of stock.There are 5 person making sushi but also need to wait about 30 minutes for my handroll.The worst is i need take away some sushi for my family and they not allow me to do so.And they give me reason is ‘no more take away box’ WTF .What kind of service is that?? there’s 5 ppl doing sushi but still slow slow slow and slow. :evil:[attachment=0]17082009(004).jpg[/attachment]

I’m going to say the service is going downhill. Where are the people taking orders? I waited over 10 minutes and nobody was around to take orders.

On top of that, food ordering was ridiculously long. It didn’t take that long during its opening.

How come like this?

saw that coming.
the quality also not good.
Need a lot of improvement

Improvement needed.

Give this franchise a bad reputation.

it’s way off from the standard that is being delivered by West M’sian Branches.

I had a bad experience there too… hopefully they can improve sooner lor…

Just give them sometimes la… afterall… its all here now… right… :wink:

really that bad mehh…but to me, what the heck - the salmon still nyamaiiii nyamm nyammmmmm

ya, the director went back to kl so no more monitoring the quality

frens, this type of restaurant can only survive for 2 months most give 3 months la… most of us go only to try the food. after few weeks or few month u went sure empty 1… go brunei eat escaped sushi better :mrgreen:

eee…but cannot all the time oso go escapade la…especially now H1N1 so jiwang…btw…i believe d sushi king in miri will get better lar…jz need some time…especially to train those rookie waiters/ waitresses who oni cares abt their paycheck & give no ■■■■ abt customer services…

haha… compare escapade and sushi king IN MIRI, is like between sky and water that much leh…

nahx… just give some time…thing will change as worker get more experience… sushi king at kuching last time also need to wait very long, but after few month, they serve pretty well…if me …i just sit at the front table near the food so i can take it myself then finish eat already i will ask the worker to count… if oder need wait abit time before arrive lo…

Not sure how one can say “give it some time” when the first time the service was great.

Remember Star Cineplex? First time great, then after that all gone downhill.

not much customer and still bad service? very sorry about it… will improved about it…

the problem with mirians everywhere, ask to sit here, but wanna sit there, there is a reason why we ask customer to sit at designated place, so that we can be more alert on u…but then, u choose to sit at other place…

at the moment we are still short of staff, and all of the staff are working hard to strive for the best…

it is true that today, there are totally NO MORE take away packaging material…to be blamed?? it’s up to your own logical judgement…

5 ppl doing sushi but then, think about it, i know the reason, staff are still on training are not accepted, but at least they try their best to serve the order…

please tell me which new outlet that can run smooth operation without any complains?? btw, thank you so much for your feed back…

[quote=“whatman”]I’m going to say the service is going downhill. Where are the people taking orders? I waited over 10 minutes and nobody was around to take orders.

On top of that, food ordering was ridiculously long. It didn’t take that long during its opening.

How come like this?[/quote]

thank you for your feedback…noted with thanks…

[quote=“Ghostyee”]saw that coming.
the quality also not good.
Need a lot of improvement[/quote]

improvement in process…thank u so much for your feed back…

[quote=“Smallee”]I had a bad experience there too… hopefully they can improve sooner lor…

Just give them sometimes la… afterall… its all here now… right… :wink:[/quote]

very sorry smallee…im trying my best to improve the service…thanks… :slight_smile:

might change the salmon soon coz the stock in miri is running out…will change to norway type of salmon…maybe… :smiley:

how do u wanna compare BMW and ferrari?

VSL is doing his very best to satisfy all his mirian customer…
i know its very frustrating if we cant get what we want on time…
i think after they have enough worker, the service will be better…
keep it up bro…
=)

worst service of all… sure “bankcrupt”…

BIG NAME but to bad service… :twisted: , i went there last sunday. tasteless… the crew better go and help others to sell “kampua mee”…