Auto Detailing Shop in Miri

Last month when I pop down to KL…I saw this New Turtle Wax called ICE. In fact… it is a new products from Turtle wax when I saw them promoting it in KL.

If I had not use Meguiar yet, I might go for it… becoz their price is not that expensive compare to Meguair and I think they all are doing the same jobs… the thing I like the most of the wax is… u can apply them direct under the sun shine… whereby Meguiar cannot.

Click on the pic to find out more…

http://www.turtlewax.com/img/products/pop_2_1_1_4_1.jpg

http://www.turtlewax.com/img/products/pop_2_1_1_1_1.jpg

:lol:

smallee, i’ve seen some1 using this ICE. Easy to apply and easy to wipe. The result is so-so only. Turtle wax’s products is for normal consumer without high expectations. I’ve tried a couple of their products myself, then settled on KIT instead cos their price more cheaper and the results are the same. Meguiar’s products are considered middle end only. High end products includes Zymol and Swissol. Which are specially designed for high end cars. Very expensive o…but this is out of topic. :smiley:

Hmmm… never heard of it… but after goggling in the space… I have to agree with u la… a small can of Swissol wax cost Aust$168 :shock:

hrmmmm, meguiar’s products is really tat good??? if compared 2 other brands izit?? was thinking of buy n try bt price abit pricey la… almost rm100 per bottle… using turtle was nw, ok ka???[/quote]

U r right… their products are quite expensive actually comparing to the other product in the market.

Keep in mind, for new car… is better that we take care of them right from the beginning because once you get some scratches or swirl mark on the body, then we will have difficulties to remove it… that is wat I am facing now. I bought almost a full ranges of their products from Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner to Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax … following the step that i learn from Meguair website… still I can see some swirl marks on some parts of my car… maybe I use try to use Rotary buffer to remove them one day which I would not prefer to do it myself becoz u have to know how to use a buffer on your car or else… Habis la…

Anyway… here is a link to our previous talk abt car caring…and hope u do find some interesting issue in it.

:wink: :wink:[/quote]

since u hav used these products, meguiars, is it worth it?? hav u use other products,turtle wax etc… if there’s a difference, i might jst save up n get myself 1… which wud u recommend?? since in parkson there r selling 2… hehehe, my car paint,1994 car, bt frens say very shiny… nw wana try n mke it more shiny…den kena tahan by police, saying 2 shiny, dangerous 2 other road users… like those white headlights… hahahhaha…

Hmmm… never heard of it… but after goggling in the space… I have to agree with u la… a small can of Swissol wax cost Aust$168 :shock:[/quote]

wonder if it is sold here??? cud b a good investment since were beside d sea,n it can get so hot, n den wet d very nxt day…hehehe

My personal view on Meguiar…

Before I use Kit wax to maintain my car… then one day, my friend show me this Gold Class Meguiar he is using on his car…and at that time, I was thinking… why ppl spend so much money on product maintaining their car… kit does the same job but of course… the end result is different la… so it is just like paying for a brand which oledi have the experience for more than 100 yrs…comparing to some new one…

Now again… we spend so much money to get ourselves a car ( a dream car ) and once in while, we wax them up so that they looks good and shiny…ppl choose to use kit to maintain their car… Some choose other brand…becoz bottomline… there are all again doing the same thing on different level of result… so I use meguiar now not becoz I am a few bucks in my pocket… it is just that they are the expertise in this field…which I think is the right tool for the job and I love my carhehehe…

to answer ur question on worth or not… I would say

But what i would suugest you to do is to find out more by yourself regarding their product in their forum… http://www.meguiars.com.my/forum2/

:wink:

Here is the contact of person doing meguiar product polish services,
Eric 0178528887, just told him intro by micheal then anything just direct due with him, he was doing this business home base.

Lone2200,

Good to know there is people interested in this car detailing work. I did some research few months back on the car detailing business in Miri. But my work condition would not allowed me to start it off.

I don’t know if you heard of Swissol or SwissWax…I’ve been contacting them and they are willing to start it up with me…

Now I am looking for a trustable partner that can run the business with a share of 50-50 and of course training is provided by Swissol. 8)

hi benjovi…

Welcome to Mc.net… and it glad to see another member are into this thread.

Just to know… are u planning to just sell or to kick off a detailing shop using by this Swissol product?

Hi,

I try to start up this business in detailing but specifically using Swisol product. Need to find someone who are really loves cars and care for it's beuty and shine...Hopefully Miri is ready for this market...what do guys thing? Is Miri dudes and ladies willing to spend extra on their vehicle?

[quote=“Benjovi”]Hi,

I try to start up this business in detailing but specifically using Swisol product. Need to find someone who are really loves cars and care for it's beuty and shine...Hopefully Miri is ready for this market...what do guys thing? Is Miri dudes and ladies willing to spend extra on their vehicle?[/quote]

to be honest… depends on how extra is that spending extra that u mean…

kekeke… :lol:

dunno bout car lovers in miri whom really love their car to the extent of caring for the paintwork. but say u open up, ill definately come. if u can do sanding to rid of orange peel… even better… hehehe

Benjovi wrote:

Lone2200,

Good to know there is people interested in this car detailing work. I did some research few months back on the car detailing business in Miri. But my work condition would not allowed me to start it off.

I don’t know if you heard of Swissol or SwissWax…I’ve been contacting them and they are willing to start it up with me…

Now I am looking for a trustable partner that can run the business with a share of 50-50 and of course training is provided by Swissol. Cool

Benjovi, it’s good that someone willing to open a new market in auto detailing. I’m actually quite interested in it since i now own a car wash here in miri. But i’m considering Meguair’s only. PPS i’ve already approached them, but since they charged so much for the training, i lost interest in them. As for swissol, i think Mirians are not ready for them yet since car enthusiast are still a minority.
malailen wrote

dunno bout car lovers in miri whom really love their car to the extent of caring for the paintwork. but say u open up, ill definately come. if u can do sanding to rid of orange peel… even better… hehehe

funny thing you’d bring up these words…didn’t think any1 here interested in sanding the orange peel of the paint or even know they exist. last week i just went and got a black door panel from tl, and tried to wet sand out the orange peel…sadly to tell you, it’s not as easy as it looks/sound. Results…tootal failure. even the minor scratches can’t be removed since i just used 2000 and 2500 grit of sandpaper. Next time i’ll try a more aggressive…1000 to 1500 grit. let you know the results soon.

since i see that u r a car lover i assumed u knw all the things. seems so. hhehehe. browsing through some sites ive seen ppl ridding orange peel, seems easy though but as u said not as easy as it looks/ sound. if im not mistaken some ppl use 4000 grit wet sanding and ROB the panel, maybe u should try before going to 1500 or 1000. post up before and after results if possible ya lone2200!
btw, wheres ur car wash?, would love to send my car there since i can see that u are a person cares a lot about paintwork.

HI Lone2200,

I think we could try, never try never know right?...But let see your car wash centre first..maybe I from your experience and business prospect,car detailing can be an extra income....

So, where is ur car wash anyway?

malailen wrote

since i see that u r a car lover i assumed u knw all the things. seems so. hhehehe. browsing through some sites ive seen ppl ridding orange peel, seems easy though but as u said not as easy as it looks/ sound. if im not mistaken some ppl use 4000 grit wet sanding and ROB the panel, maybe u should try before going to 1500 or 1000. post up before and after results if possible ya lone2200!
btw, wheres ur car wash?, would love to send my car there since i can see that u are a person cares a lot about paintwork.

hehehe…thanks. I will try to snap some pics next time. i just wanted to know more since i’m already in the business. As i know, not many ppl here can differentiate between polish and wax. i opened this business for more than 2 years now. A bit ‘paisei’ to tell you that i’m seldom in the shop. i just hand it to my supervisor to handle big and small stuff. if you’re lucky to see me at the shop then it means that i’ve got no enough workers and gotta do it myself. :lol: as for my shop, it’s located in town area, just right behind amway building.
Benjovi wrote

HI Lone2200,

I think we could try, never try never know right?..But let see your car wash centre first…maybe I from your experience and business prospect,car detailing can be an extra income…

So, where is ur car wash anyway?

Hi benjovi, i’m really keen on opening a real autodetailing shop as i know that’s where the real profit is. But still lack of experience and skill so cannot do it yet. As i know, most shops here their skills are just so-so nia. Like my workers. Not really detail enough. let’s just say it’s passable. hehe Umm…mind if i ask what are their (swissol) conditions and how much of the capital we’re talking about?

oh ya, malailen, as for the wet sanding of orange peel, i followed the steps in this article. You should have a look. http://www.mobileworks.com/auto_paint_wet_sanding.html
http://www.glossycar.com/

great site that u provided.
might head over to ur shop for a car wash sometime soon. been some time since my car got any care due to unforseen weather. hehehe maybe for a polish also? got discount ka for mc.net members? heheheh

what is the difference between polish and wax?

malailen wrote

great site that u provided.
might head over to ur shop for a car wash sometime soon. been some time since my car got any care due to unforseen weather. hehehe maybe for a polish also? got discount ka for mc.net members? heheheh

normal price for polish and wax for normal saloon car is rm88. but for my regular and friends, i give 20% discount which adds up to rm70. you come, then i’ll treat you as a regular. rm70. ok?
Datuk_big_boss

what is the difference between polish and wax?

i try to make it simple for you, k? polish=act as a cleaner for your car paint, removing minor scratches, swirl marks, pollution. wax=act as a protection to your car’s paint. making it shiny and protects it from harmful elements during daily driving.
Regular waxing is necessary to protect your car’s paint from the elements. In addition to sealing and protecting, waxes and sealants also improve the appearance of freshly washed and polished paint. If you use the right products, you can successfully layer waxes and sealants to make your paint look deeper and almost liquid.