Asked to pay RM1 at Bintang Megamall underground parking

I went to Bintang Megamall last Sunday. The queue was very long, so I tried the underground parking. Apparently, the queue was as long as well when I reached there. It took me more than 30 minutes to exit the place. Unbelievable… What happened was, the guy at the exit gate asked for RM1. I told him, there is no parking space at all but he still insisted me to pay or will write down my plate number. Tell me, is this fair or not? Is their system “stupid” or what?? Can’t he verify the time I came in and on exit? They don’t seem to have a common sense. Can’t he sense what’s going on around him?

I have never encountered such problem with Boulevard, Miri or The Spring, Kuching. They will let me go on exit without question when I told them there is no parking space.

I think there got a sign write down 1st 15minutes are free. But after 15minutes then charge RM1.

if u don’t pay them can u go out?

write ur plate number for what?

megamall shoulda has its own complaint thread

Well, it’s your luck loh. They already informed you before you entered the premise. Look at the sign board posted, If more than 15mins u pay. They also did not guarantee you a parking slot. Hence, no one to blame but yourself for not reading the notices before entering any car park.

Got once I parked at basement, went to collect my pizza and left the basement within less than 15 minutes and free parking :mrgreen:

good one

like what noyze said, the signboard has already stated the terms so why complain? it’s only RM1.00 and besides there is no guaranteed you can get parking and same to goes any other shopping complexes.

yes we can blame sfjong for not paying attention to sign board of so called notice at the parking area. but in that case, the queue was so long until he/she took 30mins to get out. if the parking lot already full, what the hell are the parking attendants doing if not informing those newcomers? just put a signboard, ‘parking full’ then ppl won’t enter until there are parking space available.

for those rich ppl, rm1 wont give u any meaning. but why paying rm1 to those who is already make a lot of profit when u cant get a parking space? not to be biased, but the parking attendants are to be blamed also. btw, i heard they earn rm1k++ every month. so they must be productive, not just standing there pretending nothing happened and nothing to do.

[quote=“sfjong”]I went to Bintang Megamall last Sunday. The queue was very long, so I tried the underground parking. Apparently, the queue was as long as well when I reached there. It took me more than 30 minutes to exit the place. Unbelievable… What happened was, the guy at the exit gate asked for RM1. I told him, there is no parking space at all but he still insisted me to pay or will write down my plate number. Tell me, is this fair or not? Is their system “stupid” or what?? Can’t he verify the time I came in and on exit? They don’t seem to have a common sense. Can’t he sense what’s going on around him?

I have never encountered such problem with Boulevard, Miri or The Spring, Kuching. They will let me go on exit without question when I told them there is no parking space.[/quote]

Ya… u cannot complain anything because the system is already set down… There already showed up the sign after 15mins they will charge u rm1… Every 3 hours rm1+1=2… You got very unlucky that day… :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

NOpe you cant blame the operators as the rules / regulations have already been displayed and set. It’s just like saying why did the cop summon me even though my parking coupon expired 1 minute ago. It doesn’t matter, rules are rules, u break it you pay. THIS is the mind-set we need to develop instead of the old fashioned " nvm lah few minutes oni ma" attitude.

If you were to bring this to the court you’ll lose.

Because you had the chance of 15 minutes to get out.

[quote=“VeilSupra”]yes we can blame sfjong for not paying attention to sign board of so called notice at the parking area. but in that case, the queue was so long until he/she took 30mins to get out. if the parking lot already full, what the hell are the parking attendants doing if not informing those newcomers? just put a signboard, ‘parking full’ then ppl won’t enter until there are parking space available.

for those rich ppl, rm1 wont give u any meaning. but why paying rm1 to those who is already make a lot of profit when u cant get a parking space? not to be biased, but the parking attendants are to be blamed also. btw, i heard they earn rm1k++ every month. so they must be productive, not just standing there pretending nothing happened and nothing to do.[/quote]

got eyes to see the que right? sometimes even if the attendant told them a lot of car ppl still insist, so what to do?

hello friend is only RM1.00 leh, not saying rich or not leh. then might as well don’t patronize the shopping mall if one refuses to even fork RM1.00 right? :mrgreen:

[quote=“sfjong”]I went to Bintang Megamall last Sunday. The queue was very long, so I tried the underground parking. Apparently, the queue was as long as well when I reached there. It took me more than 30 minutes to exit the place. Unbelievable… What happened was, the guy at the exit gate asked for RM1. I told him, there is no parking space at all but he still insisted me to pay or will write down my plate number. Tell me, is this fair or not? Is their system “stupid” or what?? Can’t he verify the time I came in and on exit? They don’t seem to have a common sense. Can’t he sense what’s going on around him?

I have never encountered such problem with Boulevard, Miri or The Spring, Kuching. They will let me go on exit without question when I told them there is no parking space.[/quote]

curious, how did u manage to get exempted in the spring? they use autopay stations. u drive around find parking, went to the counter n say u cannot find parking?

[quote=“wuichi”][quote=“VeilSupra”]yes we can blame sfjong for not paying attention to sign board of so called notice at the parking area. but in that case, the queue was so long until he/she took 30mins to get out. if the parking lot already full, what the hell are the parking attendants doing if not informing those newcomers? just put a signboard, ‘parking full’ then ppl won’t enter until there are parking space available.

for those rich ppl, rm1 wont give u any meaning. but why paying rm1 to those who is already make a lot of profit when u cant get a parking space? not to be biased, but the parking attendants are to be blamed also. btw, i heard they earn rm1k++ every month. so they must be productive, not just standing there pretending nothing happened and nothing to do.[/quote]

got eyes to see the que right? sometimes even if the attendant told them a lot of car ppl still insist, so what to do?

hello friend is only RM1.00 leh, not saying rich or not leh. then might as well don’t patronize the shopping mall if one refuses to even fork RM1.00 right? :mrgreen:[/quote]
wuichi, i guess you have not parked at their basement before. i only noticed the queue when i drove down the slope. i wouldn’t be that stupid to enter the basement if the queue i can see is that long…

Noyze, that I can understand and will definitely pay without question asked because I am still occupying the space, be it expired a minute or even 30 seconds.

[quote=“dvlzplayground”][quote=“sfjong”]I went to Bintang Megamall last Sunday. The queue was very long, so I tried the underground parking. Apparently, the queue was as long as well when I reached there. It took me more than 30 minutes to exit the place. Unbelievable… What happened was, the guy at the exit gate asked for RM1. I told him, there is no parking space at all but he still insisted me to pay or will write down my plate number. Tell me, is this fair or not? Is their system “stupid” or what?? Can’t he verify the time I came in and on exit? They don’t seem to have a common sense. Can’t he sense what’s going on around him?

curious, how did u manage to get exempted in the spring? they use autopay stations. u drive around find parking, went to the counter n say u cannot find parking?[/quote]
dvlzplayground, that’s correct. i went to the counter and clarify the situation. it is not the RM1 i cannot afford to pay. it is the situation that doesn’t warrant the payment. rules are set by people. if it is not causing a person’s life or to others, it can still be “considered” for exemption from case-to-case basis.

oh i see. that’s good to know :slight_smile: thx for sharing!

[quote=“sfjong”][quote=“wuichi”][quote=“VeilSupra”]yes we can blame sfjong for not paying attention to sign board of so called notice at the parking area. but in that case, the queue was so long until he/she took 30mins to get out. if the parking lot already full, what the hell are the parking attendants doing if not informing those newcomers? just put a signboard, ‘parking full’ then ppl won’t enter until there are parking space available.

hello friend is only RM1.00 leh, not saying rich or not leh. then might as well don’t patronize the shopping mall if one refuses to even fork RM1.00 right? :mrgreen:[/quote]
wuichi, i guess you have not parked at their basement before. i only noticed the queue when i drove down the slope. i wouldn’t be that stupid to enter the basement if the queue i can see is that long…[/quote]

of course I did, I ain’t no foreigner yo hehe. I know that it’s always jammed packed, even the other car park.So it just wasn’t your day dude.

I really donno why Bintang Megamall still use pondok to pay 1 by 1 car… Don you think that is very wasting people time …Especially the mall is going to close or weekends… all the car stuck at the pondok there… They should change lah… pondok is already no longer to use anymore in others city… Using autopay station will save a lot of time, save jam, more easy to people…