Are we allowed to put movie torrent here to download?

I wanted to ask are we allowed to put torrent file here for people to download or not? :?

Hi melasalem06,

Torrents are okay as long as it is within legal bounds and does not lead to downloading copyrighted materials such as movies, songs, applications, pictures, etc. I hope that is clear.

Hi melasalem06,

Torrents are okay as long as it is within legal bounds and does not lead to downloading copyrighted materials such as movies, songs, applications, pictures, etc. I hope that is clear.[/quote]

But Jack, it is still unclear when you said legal bounds… do you mean even if the sharing material is licensed in US is not allowed to share here too? I believe not all thing which licensed in foreign country happen to be the same in Miri (I don’t mean Malaysia). Let say, it is illegal to distribute Microsoft Stuff here, but is it illegal to distribute Lindows (Linspire - another linux distro) here?

hehe… you should know that you have to be very specific when it comes to a blunt person like me, looking forward to your verbose elaboration

anything that are obviously pirated such as licensed songs and software can’t be posted unless you want the feds to barge in your home, black helicopters hover silently above while special ops swing down through your bedroom window while you sleep and carry you off to Area 51for ‘alien autopsy’ and some mysterious nameless guy will post on this forums telling us that we’ve been mistaken - its a weather balloon and not a torrent…

Dont forget the Vogons, they are the ones who will get upset. Victims will be subjected to poetry 8)

[quote=“Apai_Mau”]

Dont forget the Vogons, they are the ones who will get upset. Victims will be subjected to poetry 8)[/quote]

Yeah I pretty much left them and the Klingons out because they were gay. Plus it will take longer than expected for them to arrive.

anyway to summarise :

pirated software & song torrent - bad.

freeware stuff torrent - ok.

klingons and vogons - gay

I dunno what makes a klingon a gay?

I’m still not very clear… give more examples plz or answer mine…

things that were for sale but are available on torrent are illegal…but freeware which is free is legal…so…stuff u had to pay for b4 u knew the wonders of bittorrent,are illegal…but freeware is always free n legal ^^

here: (scroll down to one of the paragraphs)
http://www.firsttvdrama.com/enterprise/ … index.php3

and here
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php … post904430

Thanks Google heheheheh

here: (scroll down to one of the paragraphs)
http://www.firsttvdrama.com/enterprise/ … index.php3

and here
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php … post904430

Thanks Google heheheheh[/quote]

Thanks dude! I’ve got another inspiration to blog another nonsense heheh 8)

okay, then did you download anime torrent off the net? Are you truely anti-pirarcy? Are you using Microsoft Windows platform? Aren’t you listening to MP3 off the web?

hmm are u ■■■■■■■■ or sumthin haha…the question was if it was illegal to post is here on miricom…ur private downloads dont apply here=.=haha …sumtimes i think u just dont get the point…or do you? ngehahaha…

[quote=“huasing”]But Jack, it is still unclear when you said legal bounds… do you mean even if the sharing material is licensed in US is not allowed to share here too? I believe not all thing which licensed in foreign country happen to be the same in Miri (I don’t mean Malaysia). Let say, it is illegal to distribute Microsoft Stuff here, but is it illegal to distribute Lindows (Linspire - another linux distro) here?

hehe… you should know that you have to be very specific when it comes to a blunt person like me, looking forward to your verbose elaboration[/quote]
I don’t have all the answers for your questions. But I do know this: in the Terms & Conditions, it clearly states that it is user’s own responsibility for posting questionable/non-questionable materials. Admins & mods of MiriCommunity.net are just doing their part in making sure no problems occured for your own safety. HOWEVER, if BSA (or any other authorities) knocks on our door asking for a copy of the database or IP addresses of some irresponsible users for distributing, downloading, or saving illegal stuff, then that leaves us no choice but to cooperate and wait to see the first Mirian to grace the front page of BSA’s website. :smiley:

Here, for your own research regarding pirated software: http://www.bsa.org/malaysia

wait a second, I have just scroll up the title and I find that I overlook the word “movie”… melasalem06 was only asking movie or any torrent filez?

well, I have never came across license free movies…

just a suggestion for those who really tempting to distribute illegal stuff, maybe you can try out some of those underground anonymous proxies (not just single proxy). I think that could really minimize the chance of getting uncovered.

BTW, what about distributing source code? Like php codes, javascripts which were distributed by anonymous trackers or from unknown authors?.. also, I believe hosting and downloading torrent file shouldn’t be an issue, but start seeding (start leeching too) it can be illegal.

I’ve to salute those trackers who have been risking themselves being caught. They are so brave and generous.

Oh I see and that mean we aren’t allowed to post the torrent link here for people to download. By the way thanks~

:slight_smile:

open sourced software is legal too rite?

legal issue are ■■■■ in malaysia. nobody actually cares.

yet…better keep it clean in here to avoid them checkin in and shutting us down in here…