Apple suing for software patent infringement

[size=150]Yes, Apple Is Accusing The Galaxy S III Of Infringing Its Patents, No, This Is Not Surprising Or Really All That Important[/size]
The second lawsuit, by comparison, has eight software patents at issue. Four of them are accused to be infringed by the Galaxy Nexus, meaning, you guessed it, Apple is going after the core Android operating system. The patents in play include old favorites, like the “data tapping” patent that saw HTC’s launch plans for the One X and EVO 4G LTE in the US scuttled by an ITC injunction, resulting in significant release delays for both devices.
Another is the dreaded “unified search” patent (there are two of these - one for Siri and one that applies more generally), which has already resulted in Samsung removing the universal search functionality from all of its Galaxy S III devices in the US as a preemptive defense measure.
Also at issue are things like slide-to-unlock (yes, circular unlock is accused of infringing this), software keyboard word auto-completion, and a missed call management interface. None of the patents at issue relate to design.

MORE: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/09/01 … important/

9GAG: http://9gag.com/gag/5195630?ref=fb.s

American patent system is truly broken.

If we say Android should start patenting… Well there goes the Open Source and no more custom ROMs and custom Kernels. Stuck with boring stock OS only.

Funny comment at the 9GAG link

That awkward moment when a 9gag user has more information then all of Samsungs lawyers.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26004745.jpg
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Could I sue apple too? The apps and songs that I bought cannot be inherited to my kids. I don’t have the right to pass down something that I have bought? I can’t share it with my wife. Getting very annoying.

Hahaha, u should read their very fine print T&C b4 u sue them. :mrgreen:

Hey, God need to sue Apple. Their brand name is a direct trademark infringement oh his creation, THE APPLE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote=“Anhelicoodle”]Hey, God need to sue Apple. Their brand name is a direct trademark infringement oh his creation, THE APPLE.[/quote] Maybe should copyright our nick. 1 billion usd !

The patent system supposedly exists to protect the holders, but somehow big companies abused it with goal to create a monopolistic market.

I recently bought a patent, my first ever, from patentauction.com which I think is very innovative, hope it could make me some money in future…

[quote=“mevotex”]The patent system supposedly exists to protect the holders, but somehow big companies abused it with goal to create a monopolistic market.

I recently bought a patent, my first ever, from patentauction.com which I think is very innovative, hope it could make me some money in future…[/quote]

Hmm… what if one day a tech giant starts using that patent but refuse to pay royalty and is prepared to battle it in the court?

That’s the biggest fear for small patent holders, no possible way one can drag along the lawsuit for years:

But if my patent can become that popular, I could instead sell it to its biggest rival. As patent lawsuits increase, companies are buying patents en masses to protect themselves or to up their legal ammunition.

Apple worried about Samsung’s threat, ties up 434 LTE patents
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-wo … ts_id34070

Covering themselves first…

Apple was never a phone maker from the start …
Apple was the first to design a phone that cannot be held in such a way that reduces the signal quality of a phone

Next!

Mission Control Panel = Notifications Panel in Android :roll:

BTW this is a concept video :lol:

The sheer number of patents that exist in the United States causes a major issue for the average software developer. Applying and maintaining a patent requires up to $20,000, as noted above, and it grants the holder a monopoly on the product limited to 20 years.

If Google wants to sue Apple, they are in big trouble also…

As a Android and Apple user…i can see Apple slowly stealing Android’s idea and make it their own.

And plenty of you out there know what are the ‘features’ that apple copied.