Anyone know about Miri Consumers' Association or equivalent?

As the title indicates, does Miri City has her own consumers right association? My friend needs to make complaint if his problem can’t be solved by the normal negotiation.

You may go http://talikhidmat.sarawaknet.com.my/ta … x?openform

The greatest case. >>> T-7MB8TK

O.o…thanks you JAIS…

get a lawyer sue 9 the company straight no need go through consumer association

hi for all consumer in miri,

i wanna ask abt the usage of CC, why i went to a supermarket buying stuffs for above RM200++ in Miri, then the cashier said we dont accepted CC payment for this items. So i asked them why? they said we didnt earned much from this items! then i sh*t them! & some of the businesses acquired u to spend over RM50 & above then can use CC as a payments…this what i think is unfair to consumers…

wat should i do at this point? can anyone suggested me how can i proceed to earn my as consumer rights???

wat’s regard? all consumers in Miri. pls give comments thanks!

P/S Nowadays CC usage r not very convenient at all! cos banks & businesses are not working together at all! they just wanna sucked all money from consumers only.

[quote=“Perfect Guy”]hi for all consumer in miri,

i wanna ask abt the usage of CC, why i went to a supermarket buying stuffs for above RM200++ in Miri, then the cashier said we dont accepted CC payment for this items. So i asked them why? they said we didnt earned much from this items! then i sh*t them! & some of the businesses acquired u to spend over RM50 & above then can use CC as a payments…this what i think is unfair to consumers…

wat should i do at this point? can anyone suggested me how can i proceed to earn my as consumer rights???

P/S Nowadays CC usage r not very convenient at all! cos banks & businesses are not working together at all! they just wanna sucked all money from consumers only.[/quote]

I had similar experience too. I bought baby formula for above 200+ and the counter said baby formula cannot paid by CC must pay using cash. WTF. Then I just tell the cashier that I need to go ATM outside to make withdrawal first, put the baby formula in the counter and never went back again. That supermarket is now at my banned list. hahaha…

Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna Malaysia, Sarawak
PPDNKK Miri,
Tingkat 5 & 6, Plaza Yu Lan,
Jalan Raja,
98000 Miri,
SARAWAK
TEL : 085-412 862 / 085-442 700

I don’t think this case has the “merit” to be brought to Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna… the merchant of credit card(eg shops) normally are charged at least 2% or 3% by credit card(MasterVisa) issueing company . Accepting credit card or not is up to the at shop’s discretion… and off course you can make your own choice where you want to shop… It is a free market… Some smaller shop will charge a surchage for credit card payment (they transfer the cost to customers)

Speaking from a ex-banker prospective…
normally bank will charge the merchant rental fee per month (RM180-500) and get a special charged of 1.6% for the amount swipe. If no rental then will charge approx. 1.8%-2.1%. and for monthly expenditure approx RM20k u be charged 2.0% with RM50k you be charged 1.8%, you swipe more then the interest charges would be lower…so supermarket should encourage customer to spend more by right.

For those shops that says only CC allowed for purchased more than Rm50, i think its quite fair and everyone is practising it, but in some cases, supermarket says they dun provide for purchase that ‘they dun earn so much’ e.g. over RM200 I think its ridiculous! If supermarket cannot beared the charges by the bank, might as well dont use CC.

But then again I believe supermarket should practise the mininum amount for CC purchase and not simply just increase the it.

Nowadays less shops charged surcharge to customer (for using cc) anymore…i rmb back in 2005 when i wanted to purchase contact lenses, i get charged 2%, and when i go back to the similar shop again, no more surcharge for me…i think they kenak complained…hahahaha

it all depends if they want your business or they want to go bankrupt like so many companies in Miri…

[quote=“Perfect Guy”]hi for all consumer in miri,

P/S Nowadays CC usage r not very convenient at all! cos banks & businesses are not working together at all! they just wanna sucked all money from consumers only.[/quote]

did u log a complain?

[quote=“nonameKH”][quote=“Perfect Guy”]hi for all consumer in miri,

I had similar experience too. I bought baby formula for above 200+ and the counter said baby formula cannot paid by CC must pay using cash. WTF. Then I just tell the cashier that I need to go ATM outside to make withdrawal first, put the baby formula in the counter and never went back again. That supermarket is now at my banned list. hahaha…[/quote]

ahahah i had the same experience too! is that supermarket known as S***** ? they setup separate counter for milk and require to pay cash only.

[quote=“JAIS”][quote=“Perfect Guy”]hi for all consumer in miri,

did u log a complain?[/quote]

Hi Jais,

Where can i log a complain??? where is the consumer protection association in Miri? any?
pls advise???

thanks! Cheers!

Here is the answer…

[quote=“elnafi”]Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna Malaysia, Sarawak
PPDNKK Miri,
Tingkat 5 & 6, Plaza Yu Lan,
Jalan Raja,
98000 Miri,
SARAWAK
TEL : 085-412 862 / 085-442 700[/quote]

[quote=“littleladybug”][quote=“nonameKH”][quote=“Perfect Guy”]hi for all consumer in miri,

I had similar experience too. I bought baby formula for above 200+ and the counter said baby formula cannot paid by CC must pay using cash. WTF. Then I just tell the cashier that I need to go ATM outside to make withdrawal first, put the baby formula in the counter and never went back again. That supermarket is now at my banned list. hahaha…[/quote]

ahahah i had the same experience too! is that supermarket known as S***** ? they setup separate counter for milk and require to pay cash only.[/quote]

Nope. Not S*****. That separate counter is fine with me and they did accept credit card. The supermarket that is in my banned list is N* **** **P