Any macro photographer around?

I just wonder how many macro photographer here in Miri, if you know any can you share here?
Thanks

define macro photographer…hehehe im noobie`

people who make images like these

diy 85mm1.8 nikon… :smiley:

very hard to tell the real definition as it is quite technical and hard to understand,in another word,it can be roughly define as nature photographer(BUT NOT THOSE WHO PHOTOGRAPHED BIRD) or insect/bug photographer, often use a macro lenses or another macro conversion alternative to achive magnify.

let see example.

you can see it here pakcikmacro.multiply.com

very hard to tell the real definition as it is quite technical and hard to understand,in another word,it can be roughly define as nature photographer(BUT NOT THOSE WHO PHOTOGRAPHED BIRD) or insect/bug photographer, often use a macro lenses or another macro conversion alternative to achive magnify.

let see example.

you can see it here pakcikmacro.multiply.com[/quote]

would you like some free English lessons?

BTW, why can birds not be shot with a Macro lens? :lol:

let see example.

you can see it here pakcikmacro.multiply.com[/quote]

would you like some free English lessons?

BTW, why can birds not be shot with a Macro lens? :lol:[/quote]
I really need lesson as I dont understand your question. Do you need photography lesson?
As your question not really related to my post,you can ask me in pm.

Hi keribang,how do you diy it?

im using a poor man’s macro lens. cosina 100mm f3.5

85mm 1.8 + magnifier glass…

relaxjack,this is good… can share some picture?? :smiley: very interested,what mount is that?

I see,i have a raynox,if you want to try i can pinjam pinjam :smiley:

can you explain what macro is for us noobies?
why cant we shoot birds?

relaxjack,this is good… can share some picture?? :smiley: very interested,what mount is that?[/quote]

samples from the poor man’s lens.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/13033_185095548847_693168847_3040705_185938_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/19778_226343963847_693168847_3240186_3910582_n.jpg

[quote=“cacatica”]can you explain what macro is for us noobies?
why cant we shoot birds?[/quote]
Erm…macro lenses can shoot bird but normally,the focal length wont be that far which enough for you too shoot them.
Macro photography is close-up photography of usually very small subjects. The classical definition is that the image projected on the “film plane” (i.e., film or a digital sensor) is close to the same size as the subject.[citation needed]
In recent years, the term macro has been used in marketing material to mean being able to focus on a subject close enough so that when a regular 64 inch (1510 cm) print is made, the image is life-size or larger.[citation needed] With 35mm film this requires a magnification ratio of only approximately 1:4, which demands a lower lens quality than 1:1. With digital cameras the actual image size is rarely stated, so that the magnification ratio is largely irrelevant; cameras instead advertise their closest focusing distance.

quoted from wikipedia

Macro lenses can use as a normal lenses as well but normally the autofocus speed is not good as we usually use manual focus in macro shooting.

relaxjack,this is good… can share some picture?? :smiley: very interested,what mount is that?[/quote]

samples from the poor man’s lens.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/13033_185095548847_693168847_3040705_185938_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/19778_226343963847_693168847_3240186_3910582_n.jpg[/quote]
relax jack,thanks for the effort ya! If got yumcha session hope can meet with you :slight_smile:

[quote=“inspire”][quote=“cacatica”]can you explain what macro is for us noobies?
Erm…macro lenses can shoot bird but normally,the focal length wont be that far which enough for you too shoot them.
Macro photography is close-up photography of usually very small subjects. The classical definition is that the image projected on the “film plane” (i.e., film or a digital sensor) is close to the same size as the subject.[citation needed]
In recent years, the term macro has been used in marketing material to mean being able to focus on a subject close enough so that when a regular 64 inch (1510 cm) print is made, the image is life-size or larger.[citation needed] With 35mm film this requires a magnification ratio of only approximately 1:4, which demands a lower lens quality than 1:1. With digital cameras the actual image size is rarely stated, so that the magnification ratio is largely irrelevant; cameras instead advertise their closest focusing distance.

quoted from wikipedia

Macro lenses can use as a normal lenses as well but normally the autofocus speed is not good as we usually use manual focus in macro shooting.[/quote]

thx for the wikipedia entry

but what does macro mean to you?

[quote=“cacatica”][quote=“inspire”][quote=“cacatica”]can you explain what macro is for us noobies?

quoted from wikipedia

Macro lenses can use as a normal lenses as well but normally the autofocus speed is not good as we usually use manual focus in macro shooting.[/quote]

thx for the wikipedia entry

but what does macro mean to you?[/quote]

This is atough question lah kawan…
But for me, macro is only when you really achieve 1:1 image,but some close up shot which you no need to magnify the imgae kao kao is also good,but have to include interesting composition and background as well.

hey inspire

you dont need to sound so techical to all of us noobies with “film plain” and all that

Basically it is the photography of small objects, that’s it…so simple

[quote=“cacatica”]hey inspire

you dont need to sound so techical to all of us noobies with “film plain” and all that

Basically it is the photography of small objects, that’s it…so simple[/quote]
can said like that lah,but not totally correct lah since you can use it for big subject too… erm…difficult to explain with my lousy english :wink: