Any back door to join SHELL, PETRONAS, MIRI PORT and others?

I was thinking i realised there’s some bapak, mak, saudara, cousin, brother, sister, uncle and relative and some related working in SHELL, PETRONAS and MIRI PORT. I was wondering how they could get in easily while i apply separuh mati to apply for some post? Been through several interview already. Got quota ka?

Any ideas? :!: :?:

Haha, ur topic so direct o…

Sure la… this is reality in Malaysia. I got so F*k up. Even got diploma dude without experience can get in. Wut da?!!

my father not include larh…hehe

ya, havta admit having connection is a plus lor.

they have this employment referral thingy, maybe if u have relatives/friends working inside; it ll be easier for u lor. As rather than applying general through the website, u can submit application for specific jobs… If not wrong, most of their IT department transferred to KL liao. Err, correct me if im wrong.

Ummm…actually most of the IT department has been converted to manpower, as in ppl contracted to work for shell. My suggestion is when you are called for an interview…serisouly study like mad. Get a book on interviews, that’s what I did lah…and study till you know the answers by heart…that way you can impress them rather than depress them…I hope that makes sense. I have no relatives there but I pull through…that is of course after many years of trying my ass off!!! :stuck_out_tongue: Be patient and don’t give up…it will eventually come!

Already try very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very hard…but no use. Maybe i’m not handsome eh?

try applying in the middle east(more income)…who knows got chance…???

Yes, If you are a Bumi with Degree than should be easier, or if you have any introducer. (Correct me if i am wrong) :smiley:

Why want to join Shell ? Shell is full of talk only people. Not all but most of them. I agree they provide the best oppotunity around but you will be spoilt once you are inside. Full of politics, ball polish and so much breaucracy. Generally they are arrogant and proud. They do think little bit but only within the “Shell”. They immitate a lot like westerner but their colour cannot hide who they are. hahaa I use to be one of them.

Yes, ll be spoilt… Haha. and yes, politics. Haha.

The so called “back door” is so true with shell. I am appalled that even an SPM graduate with proper “connection” can get work there.

well, me also not permanent anyway…

This is reality. Not only Shell, other companies also have the same situation like this.
To me, if you have any ‘Cable’ for your your job application, just use it. Dont care what other peoples talk about you.

Like i say up there even PETRONAS, MIRI PORT, this and that also hard to get in. I got Phd friend now working in the barber shop. sad thing *ish *ish

if PHD, can try apply for lecturer in Curtin. They r vy short of lecturers. Haha.
Petronas tu, if bumi then still got chances la…

Very true, i saw my friend from same college who flunk a lot of subject and get bad exam result can also get in. waaa yaaaa!! luck b3sterd!

[quote=“soundfreak22nd”]This is reality. Not only Shell, other companies also have the same situation like this.
To me, if you have any ‘Cable’ for your your job application, just use it. Dont care what other peoples talk about you.[/quote]

So cronyism is good after all!

[quote=“allokitty”]I was thinking i realised there’s some bapak, mak, saudara, cousin, brother, sister, uncle and relative and some related working in SHELL, PETRONAS and MIRI PORT. I was wondering how they could get in easily while i apply separuh mati to apply for some post? Been through several interview already. Got quota ka?

Any ideas? :!: :?:[/quote]

hehehhee…

pass me your resume, i’ll see whether you’re eligible or not.

kehkehkeh

hmmm… i wonder where my resume will fly to if i handed out to you?