Android OS issues

yeah and the phone drools over the battery power :lol:

[quote=“dvlzplayground”]i think many would risk jailbreak on a rm2.5k phone. JB is really low risk

im an ip4 user and i’ve been staring at the same interface since my 2007 ipod touch. i dont get ‘bored’ with an interface, as long as it works smoothly then that’s a good interface for me. about app/folder icons hogging the screen, isnt that the same with android? also i dont get whats the problem with a clustered screen…doesnt that just mean that person have too many apps they dont need? i mostly just use the apps on my 1st screen, n i have 4 screens total. those useful but i dont use everyday (e.g. remotes, converters etc) i put in folders at the last screen. each screen doesnt have to be full of apps anyway, so u still can show off that nice lady’s nipples haha[/quote]

Actually all the apps I need but some seldom use. Games for example, you can never have too many them. And you don’t exactly use converters often but reckon you will definitely use it one day right? And without apps, iphone is useless, lol, as it is nothing without its vast app market. Some android apps still crap compare to the ones in apple store. You can’t really arrange the apps cause the icons auto arrange themselves from left to right, top to bottom. Say the lady’s face on top left which is completely blocked as it require at least one icon on top left for every screen. No, you can’t disable that option.

Is there any way to add a Birthday Reminder to my calendar in such a way that the age is updated automatically?
For instance, if I was born on 01 May 2011, then I’d like the entry for 2012 to say “1st birthday”, and for 2013 to say, '2nd birthday", and so on.
Can this be done?

Like this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ndar&hl=en

Tq whatman

[quote=“whatman”]Like this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ndar&hl=en[/quote]

thats correct. Thanks man.

another option that misses out is the “profile timer”. Like the old phone, we can set meeting profile from what time to what time, etc. I browsed throught but cant find it. :frowning:

lol … sounded like a ■■■■■■ apple fan dick who wants to claim neutral yet not doing it

I uses devises with both apple IOS & latest Android Jellybean. My opinion is apple IOS is better as its more stable. I experienced frequent “hanging” even with the latest android jellybean. However, android phones like samsung s3 & notes have better hardware specs compared to iphones.

Posted in 2011…of course it lags…
They still running on Donuts or latest…the Froyo…
Try Ice Cream sandwitch or better…the Jelly Bean…

iOS is good…until iOS 6 anyway…when jobs passed away…
apples tends to…copying the droid…

Fruit company killed the previous generation of iOS devices.

No more apps available for you on apps store if you’re using iPhone 3G.
iOS 6 on 3Gs lags like hell…

Many many apps available on android are better build than iOS…

i used both, i know…

[quote=“Athrun_zala_faith”]Posted in 2011…of course it lags…

i used both, i know…[/quote]

This I have to disagree, Firstly, my iPhone 3gs runs smoothly on ios6 without jailbreak. Of course if your definition of ‘lag’ is by playing the latest games, then it’s to be expected. But normal calling, texting functions all work nicely for me.

I believe there are more well-built and polished apps in iOS than Android market, I’ve been playing with Android phones for too long, fed up with the app support when I see all the good apps coming out on iOS first.

Why developers go for iOS instead of Android, it’s because Android has TONS of hardware combinations, ranging from single core to octa core, Adreno GPU’s to Tegra GPU’s.

it is too troublesome to code for every available android phone :shock:

With the New ‘full-hd’ resolution on the upcoming Xperia Z, Butterfly, M7, etc … it’s even more challenging.

this is diversity and unique … each brand have their own identity but still Android … just like humans … u have Chinese, Malay, Indians … still humans …

[quote=“akiraceo”][quote=“Athrun_zala_faith”]Posted in 2011…of course it lags…

i used both, i know…[/quote]

This I have to disagree, Firstly, my iPhone 3gs runs smoothly on ios6 without jailbreak. Of course if your definition of ‘lag’ is by playing the latest games, then it’s to be expected. But normal calling, texting functions all work nicely for me.

I believe there are more well-built and polished apps in iOS than Android market, I’ve been playing with Android phones for too long, fed up with the app support when I see all the good apps coming out on iOS first.

Why developers go for iOS instead of Android, it’s because Android has TONS of hardware combinations, ranging from single core to octa core, Adreno GPU’s to Tegra GPU’s.

it is too troublesome to code for every available android phone :shock:

With the New ‘full-hd’ resolution on the upcoming Xperia Z, Butterfly, M7, etc … it’s even more challenging.[/quote]

Well, it happens that my iPhone 3Gs lags when texting, when upload picture to facebook, most of the time ended up failing. camera lags also,took about 3 sec to open camera app…basic apps like Whatsapp…LINE…you can attach the song from your phone and send…in Android…doesnt happens in iOS. not to mention emoticons wasnt available on iOS version of whatsapp…Android lags sometimes… true…but things are getting better.

Bug fix mostly happens on android FIRST then iOS…

Do not compare the 3gs to the 5 or 4s,

my 3gs works the same as day one, the camera didn’t open immediately in 0.5secs when i got it last time. nothing changed, Just that our high end smartphones nowadays are so advanced and quick, we assume that the old ones are getting slower :stuck_out_tongue:

iOS6 on 3gs is stripped down though.

I noticed that certain games : NFS most wanted, Asphalt 7 runs on a lower quality setting than the iOS version. Even with the HTC One X ( Supposedly Tegra 3 is faster ) , but due to the poor support for android, i’m unable to play Asphalt 7 & NFS most wanted on my HOX without first rooting, and tweaking the game files.

I do like android, but for simplicity and ease of use, i would take iOS anytime.

Again, i’m just stating my opinion, no harm intended - :mrgreen:

My Samsung Note 2 OFF by itself today. When pressed the Power ON button, no effect. Have to remove battery and plug back then Turn ON. No idea if that is Phone or OS issue :?: Just bought 7 days ago. :frowning:

My Note 2 got update today. Maybe that is the reason?

Any way to disable the USB Charging? When I unplug the cable the battery status still not fully charged. might afraid it will spoil the battery due to partially charged.

[quote=“akiraceo”]Do not compare the 3gs to the 5 or 4s,

my 3gs works the same as day one, the camera didn’t open immediately in 0.5secs when i got it last time. nothing changed, Just that our high end smartphones nowadays are so advanced and quick, we assume that the old ones are getting slower :stuck_out_tongue:

iOS6 on 3gs is stripped down though.

I noticed that certain games : NFS most wanted, Asphalt 7 runs on a lower quality setting than the iOS version. Even with the HTC One X ( Supposedly Tegra 3 is faster ) , but due to the poor support for android, i’m unable to play Asphalt 7 & NFS most wanted on my HOX without first rooting, and tweaking the game files.

I do like android, but for simplicity and ease of use, i would take iOS anytime.

Again, i’m just stating my opinion, no harm intended - :mrgreen:[/quote]

Well…that’s Weird…when i type sms…i type so quickly (which i don’t think it’s that fast anyway…) the apple cannot keep up…need to wait about 1 or 2 sec for the words to appear…Many apps you press it…then it closed…which is good…on android… when it crashed, you get notification or worst, endless waiting…i uses htc incredible s which is quite old…still able to play those games without rooting…and done playing hot pursuit…download music though apps, send to other people were the best part. pay for apps? you just download online…bluetooth to phone…install…done…

android is buggy…but there so many things you can do on it…fun to mess around.

iPhone break warranty when jailbreak…so didnt do it…installous is now no more…
no much fun already…

there are many other ways to get ‘free’ paid apps if that is your thing , on iOS :stuck_out_tongue:

Nowadays no need for jailbreak to even get paid apps for free with the help of the Chinese hackers :mrgreen:

[quote=“akiraceo”]there are many other ways to get ‘free’ paid apps if that is your thing , on iOS :stuck_out_tongue:

Nowadays no need for jailbreak to even get paid apps for free with the help of the Chinese hackers :mrgreen:[/quote]

Ya…but…Kuaiyong you only get CHINESE Version of those apps…it’s not updated either…

Android got it’s own installous…4shared app…search anything you want in 4shared app…musics,apps…then find the most suitable one…install…done.

But thumbs up for iOS to have best out of the box experiences.but still much to improve…you browse pictures, you wanna send some to your friends…for android…you mark all the one you want and share to whatsapp or Line…but ain’t gonna happen in iOS…have to go to whatsapp…choose and send…