An accident waiting to happen in Miri

(g@b@nTr0m3n) #21
Apocalypse said:

that scrap mountain is a serious health hazard. I will cal the council now and action WILL be taken

thanks for sharing

yay !!

(k-ray) #22
jssw said:
miri_angmoh wrote:
DuFfz wrote:
and..what the council going to do about it? It's a private lot...they didn't encroach to anyone's land..
i am sure there are laws against the height of the scrap pile otherwise what is stopping me from turning my house into a 100 storey building.
Your level of maturity, intelligence and the money you have.

duffz you may tease angmoh, but he is joking and he has got the point don't u think?

if there is law to stop me from building a double storey beside my small terrace corner lot, there should be a law against that scary action to pile up the scrap to such height

(k-ray) #23
jssw said:
miri_angmoh wrote:
DuFfz wrote:
and..what the council going to do about it? It's a private lot...they didn't encroach to anyone's land..
i am sure there are laws against the height of the scrap pile otherwise what is stopping me from turning my house into a 100 storey building.

duffz you may tease angmoh, but he is joking and he has got the point don't u think?

if there is law to stop me from building a double storey beside my small terrace corner lot, there should be a law against that scary action to pile up the scrap to such height

(Jackson Liaw) #24

Gosh, if this is allowed for long term, I will be the first to suggest to the owner to start accepting advertising banners to be hung on the highest side where passing cars can see them. It will surely attract lots of buzz. :wink:

(Keong1) #25

Let me call my friend, Mayor Lai

(Renny_Bk) #26

imagine the amount of mosquitoes there!

(Kenyadmz) #27

I once conduct Hydrogen Sulfide courses in Miri. Rusting Metal part generate the Killer H2S gas that smell like rotten egg. Yes anytime it will knock someone unconscious then slowly will killed the victim.

(kicrexayz) #28

will it transform to something useful? (this is not transformer movie so lolx.
i wonder why they don’t melt n make something useful?

(DuFfz) #29

Kenyadmz said:
I once conduct Hydrogen Sulfide courses in Miri. Rusting Metal part generate the Killer H2S gas that smell like rotten egg. Yes anytime it will knock someone unconscious then slowly will killed the victim.
All i know is H2S is a corrosive agent to metals, not rusted metal generating it. Well i could be wrong unless you can provide us the link or details.

(DuFfz) #30
k-ray said:
jssw said:
miri_angmoh wrote:
DuFfz wrote:

I don't know man. Maybe there is. But i suspect the owner must be well connected if u know what i mean. Since those piles never got less since the last 10 years i think?

(ZoOL) #31

I went there last week to buy scrap metal for a mini fabrication project. To be honest, that place is very dangerous! Don’t ever steps into the pile of metal without safety shoes and gloves. I saw several cranes parking on top of the metal piles. One day, that thing would collapse if they make mistakes.

(tonyops) #32

tat’s their problem

(winwin) #33
DuFfz said:

I don't know man. Maybe there is. But i suspect the owner must be well connected if u know what i mean. Since those piles never got less since the last 10 years i think?
You may be right. However, this subject has been raised more than a year ago, has the authority concerned (MIRI City Council) ever been notified of this endangering location and situation?

(Reject corrupt BN and save our country.) #34

Miri city council is f**king useless. Those at the council only care for themselves, not the people they are suppose to serve. Most of them are fat from eating too much fed by businesses.