Alza soundproof to match Toyota's Door closing sound?

So mechanically…err i mean basically Peroduas are just cost-cutted Toyota JDM cars :oops: But i always discover that they lack adequate soundproofing which can be easily heard when closing the door harder…it will bang instead of clump like those Toyotas (even a low cost VIOS sounds better than them) :mrgreen:

So, in the case of Alza, does the heavier doors and less resonance after soundproofing them or by adding silicone door seals/gaskets (so that when closing the door harder, it wont vibrate like mad) make the closing sounds better? I always wonder. :roll:

that why i hate proton and perodua, but have to admit that i grow up with them.

that’s what happened when car manufacturer produces a car with the aim of profit, not because of automotive enthusiasm just like japanese car makers. proton and perodua never cares about this simple things like door closing and opening, the ergonomics of the car and many more.

in this case, perodua’s door seal are manufactured 3rd party manufacturer so mostly it doesn’t 100% meets the requirement. as a result, the rubber are too hard to absorb the closing impact. you can walk in to any reliable workshop to re-adjust your door gap and change the rubber if necessary.

fyi, mercedes have their own mechanism to make the ‘clunk’ sound when closing the door. the cabin are in vacuum during door closing, so you need to apply little force to close the door.

soo…its only the door seals? not because of the amt. of soundproofing on the doors which will make the door feel heavier and more solid? :roll: I do wanna admit that Perodua cars are based on Daihatsu/Toyotas but they never feel like one…especially when you close their doors :shock:

at least the door closing sound of alza is solid compare to inspira, mechanism design by proton is more worse than perodua.

tried both yesterday.

please don’t slam close the door. no good…:slight_smile:

[quote=“HLChin”]at least the door closing sound of alza is solid compare to inspira, mechanism design by proton is more worse than perodua.

tried both yesterday.

please don’t slam close the door. no good…:)[/quote]
LOLOLOL. I know its solid when you close it gently but in most cases…like Honda City, no matter how hard i slam it it will still “zoom” instead of “bang” . So whats the root/culprit behind this? :mrgreen:

why in first place you’re saying by making the door heavier is related to soundproofing? soundproofing in automobiles is different in door ergonomics.

imo, proton/perodua cars door problem are related to poor quality door seals and hook. don’t be surprised that if i mention that the hooks and door seals are manufactured by class C factory without TS16949.

oh okay :expressionless: so its the door latch :x