AirAsia Xpress Boarding

Guys,

What is the benefit of AirAsia Xpress Boarding? I see none. Maybe you guys have some comments. To me, it’s a waste of money. In the end, you still get your seat rite? Xpress Boarding doesn’t guarantee you that you’ll get to disembark first and the first to get your luggage and leave the airport when you arrived.

Furthermore, what happened to the so-called courtesy of letting the elderly, pregnant ladies and children to board first?? RM5 for Senior Citizen and Children… How about pregnant ladies?? Poor mummy…

[quote=“Vixious”]Guys,

What is the benefit of AirAsia Xpress Boarding? I see none. Maybe you guys have some comments. To me, it’s a waste of money. In the end, you still get your seat rite? Xpress Boarding doesn’t guarantee you that you’ll get to disembark first and the first to get your luggage and leave the airport when you arrived.

Furthermore, what happened to the so-called courtesy of letting the elderly, pregnant ladies and children to board first?? RM5 for Senior Citizen and Children… How about pregnant ladies?? Poor mummy…[/quote]

at the moment it still consider waste of money cause less than 10 person are willing to pay, from my observation during my flight from kl to miri and miri to kl.

now you got to pay for any specials…

I don’t see the benefits at all. If they do not provide guarantee that you can disembark first and etc…Then what’s the use of paying that extra charges.

my observation when in Miri airport, I saw the airasia employee calling for xpress boarding passengers… and they will board the aircraft first before the rest of the normal one. So guess the only benefit is u get to choose the seat in the aircraft u want… tat’s all…

For RM10… I don’t see that as a benefit… Not that I’m stingy or something… but, it just doesn’t make sense… take for example, there are only 2 elderly man going for xpress boarding, after they passed the gate, another young man go in after them… Who do you think will get to the plane first?

RM 10 for one way… RM 20 to and fro per person… I would rather treat you with laksa special for that… :wink:

the only benefit is to not have to queue for half an hour before boarding to choose your seat. FYI, senior citizens above 65 years will board first with the Express boarding, no charge. It is only 55 to 64 years that has a lesser charge.

I agree that the new policy not to allow families with small kids (who need to sit together) and pregnant women to board earlier is very unfair… they should at least let these groups of people board after the express boarding passengers.

I am pregnant, and a while ago I had to fly alone with my 3-year old, who fell asleep in the terminal as the plane was delayed an hour, so I couldn’t line up early. Even then, in the long queue to board, at which I was at the end, I had to carry my daughter, my handbag and carry-on bag… luckily one kind person offered to help me carry my bag while the queue inched on, and we did manage to get seats together - but in the last row, which cannot recline!!

Even more recently, being 7 months pregnant, we had to fly AirAsia again. We thought I might buy an Express Boarding pass so that I wouldn’t have to queue (being 7 months pregnant), but they wouldn’t let us buy just one pass from a booking of 3 people… so families - who need express boarding the most (apart from elderly) to get seats together - will most likely not be able to afford to pay for express boarding for a lot of people.

I never go and queue for that long… it’s unnecessary thing to do. Maybe because to me, sitting anyway is fine with me. As long as I had a seat.

Yup… AirAsia is taking advantage! Imagine that… unnecessary extra expenses…

I flew with easyjet from London to Geneva back in April 2007. Easyjet is liek Air Asia in Europe.

They have also offered EU$5 for the express check-in system. I guess it allows you to choose the front seat and therefore you could get off first? Or if you have long legs, you could get window seat before some shortie took it before you?

Oh! You know, it is just for the convenience to the people who needed them. If you do not require that, then dont pay it, simple as that. :wink:

what will happen if you are baording a plane, and find that half i.e. 50% of passengers have bought express boarding…?
ha…ha… that would be so funny…

hahaha… in the end, you still have to queue… that’s all… :lol:

Queue or not queue, you will still get on board at the end of the day. I do not see the big deal out of this. Some people try to get off the moment the plane landed!! Why?!

Oh well, just me…I do not like rushing. I am also not fat, don’t have long legs(except elephant legs which I can still fit into a seat!:wink: @ coolman), not aging, dont have kids, etc. So, it doesnt bother me at all if I get on earlier or get off earlier. :smiley:

You see… that’s the whole idea I’m trying to say.

Yup… I’m curious too… they would still need to wait for their luggage to come out… so, why the rush?? I don’t get it…

Its part of their marketing strategy and targeted to specific group. AA is very good and aggressive when come to this. Remember the two million free tickets giveaway? If one million no-show and another million checked-in, imagine how much they wll earn from the sur-charge ( around RM70-RM80 per paxs)?

I think only those who need it will appreciate such kind of arrangement. I am sure they must have received a lot feedbacks from their return passengers before implementing it.
Frankly, if I was travelling alone and don’t mind being squeezed between two persons what the heck…just put on my sunglasses or cover my face with magazine and pretend to be sleeping!

Hmm…so again this is a subjective topic, hey?

agree with Stef. it is a very subjective. all down to the preference of the individual.

i bought express boarding on my latest trip to kl. i buy it because i don’t like the feeling of trying to fight for the place. It already stressful enough for the long wait.

beside, you can get first row sit which have longer leg space.

however, if you travel alone, that is a different case…

Well, I have never paid for Xpress Boarding,
I just jump ahead in queue when it’s time to
board the plane…

guys,
if you are on long-haul, every 6 weeks, & d opportunity for an upgrade to 1st class is available,
for about 1000ringit, + or - a few $,
which gives access to onboard bar (Virgin), masseur (Virgin (as in Atlantic :slight_smile: ), & 74" flat-bed (BA),
then is money well spent.

to spend 10 ringit on d above ‘facilities’… is a total waste of 10 ringit.

[quote=“dougie”]guys,
if you are on long-haul, every 6 weeks, & d opportunity for an upgrade to 1st class is available,
which gives access to onboard bar (Virgin), masseur (Virgin (as in Atlantic :slight_smile: ), & 74" flat-bed (BA),

to spend 10 ringit on d above ‘facilities’… is a total waste of 10 ringit.[/quote]

but they are not low-cost carrier. you don’t have to worried about your seating as they have better seating and you can even choose you sitting when you book ur ticket…so u can’t really compare airasia with those airline…not even MAS…

[quote=“dougie”]guys,

to spend 10 ringit on d above ‘facilities’… is a total waste of 10 ringit.[/quote]

The upgrade is well worth it. 1st class all the way Dougie!

QueBlur,
untill early last year, Air Asia were my favourite airline, & i was flying a Lot!
cheap & chearfull, cup of coffee served at 35,000’ & always w a smile,
i simply did not care where i sat.
for value for money, it was unbeatable.

what’s being described above, is the allocation of seats & personnel trying to get d front row seats…
is not a very realistic situation to expect this?!
there are old ppl to look after & families w young children, that should be given these seats, in my view.
i would not waste 10 ringit on something so unrealistic.

i would strongly recommend that you All write any agreviances on this forum, re airlines.
all the Big operators employ consultants, whose jobs it is, is to monitor these sites,
so that any negative feed-back, may be investigated & acted upon.
Tony is no fool.