AirAsia Kiosk check-in in KLIA2 - Important Notice

This is an announcement from AirAsia below.

= Quote =

Dear valued guest,

We regret to inform you that kiosk check-in will no longer be available in klia2, effective 22 Jun 2014 until further notice.

We advise you to web check-in and print your boarding pass before arriving at the airport. It is highly recommended especially for guests on domestic flights, as a service fee is chargeable to each guest who performs manual check-in at the airport counter.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
AirAsia

= Unquote =

In my opinion, this is totally too much and definitively no good for passengers who departs longer than 14 days as the web check-in won’t allow you to check in. Look like you have to carry your own printer/paper along now? This drastic change will definively affect many passengers who are computer illiterate especially old people which now have to depend from others to help them. AirAsia should maintain at least one or two Kiosk check in machines in KLIA2 in case we lost our printout ticket or our flight is longer than 14 days. Actually, why should we pay for the service fee for manual check in since you don’t allow us to perform Kiosk check in? In fact AirAsia should refund us for printing our own boarding pass.

So in future do you think AirAisa will impose service fee for using the toilet on board?

I must say I appreciate how AirAsia do their business, always think of a way to improve and save cost, and then reward us with cheaper fares.

Whenever I think of the old days that I had to pay RM8XX for a return ticket between KL and Miri, I am thankful.

no use to complaint, ppl still fly AA. :mrgreen:

someone insist i booked airasia for them to singapore. later they changed their mind says want to fly to kl. guess what airasia agent behind imperial mall says, NO REROUTING to other destination, NO NAME CHANGE & NO REFUND, even-though flight date is still a month away. can only change date of travel. so tickets burned.

BLOODY ■■■■■■-UP AIRLINE POLICY.

should have read the fine print and not booked on airasia.

but you guys are still right. people will still fly airasia. afterall, no matter how we tell ourselves we are economically better off than our poorer asian asean neighbours, we ARE still a nation of cheapos.

[quote=“gorshan”]someone insist i booked airasia for them to singapore. later they changed their mind says want to fly to kl. guess what airasia agent behind imperial mall says, NO REROUTING to other destination, NO NAME CHANGE & NO REFUND, even-though flight date is still a month away. can only change date of travel. so tickets burned.

BLOODY f*cked-UP AIRLINE POLICY.

but you guys are still right. people will still fly airasia. afterall, no matter how we tell ourselves we are economically better off than our poorer asian asean neighbours, we ARE still a nation of cheapos.[/quote]

I don’t think people are being “cheapos” by flying AA. Not everyone has unlimited disposable income to always fly MAS or any other full service airline.
AA is affordable for most of us and despite knowing the downside of AA, sometimes we still use them because of the price difference with its competitors.
MAS is often 300-500 more than AA from Miri-KL return. I rather save that 500 for that 2 hours journey each way.

I rather spend my money on better food/accommodation than a ‘better’ service MAS…as long as i can reach my destination without getting ‘lost’ in the middle of nowhere that will be fine. be it attitude sucks or wadsoever… are those really that important? ppl tend to complain flight to Australia sucks… still ok wad… even flew with AAX to Jap n Korea… satisfied.

[quote=“gorshan”]someone insist i booked airasia for them to singapore. later they changed their mind says want to fly to kl. guess what airasia agent behind imperial mall says, NO REROUTING to other destination, NO NAME CHANGE & NO REFUND, even-though flight date is still a month away. can only change date of travel. so tickets burned.

but you guys are still right. people will still fly airasia. afterall, no matter how we tell ourselves we are economically better off than our poorer asian asean neighbours, we ARE still a nation of cheapos.[/quote]

no more so call “YCYP” in this life, bro :mrgreen:

Exactly

so the aa ranting issue continues

erm, u bought a cheap ticket via AA and you expect you can change all that? Once u bot AA ticket…wrong and wanted to change? sorry…ticket is burn!

i have to say myself as an AA expert here, I always opt for cheaper ticket and know what i am liable of. altho i prefer flying with MAS (comfortable), but i still prefer paying lower price.

Now everyone can FLY!!!

my wheelchair bound mother-in-law with my 2 kids in tow once had a standoff with airasia at KL airport for causing her and kids to missed a flight to Miri due to a bungling airasia ground staff.

airasia insisted all next flights for the day fully booked

airasia insisted for new tickets for next day

mother-in-law refused to buy new tickets, insisted on boarding next flight comes hell what may and dared airport security to arrest her and crying kids, promised firmly will lodge police report and calls the press.

guess who won ?

mother-in-law = 1, airasia = 0

3 tickets magically appears for next flight to Miri. :lol:

double posting. :lol:

whats your point?

point is staring you in the face but you do not see it.

point is ethic, point is principle. AA lacks both. point is if wants to travel peace of mind dont look at cheap only. point is if you want cheap only, dont mind no ethic, dont mind no principle, dont mind if hassle is no problem, dont mind if no problem got bumped or delayed flight, dont mind rude ground staff, then go ahead, enjoy fly AA.

one man’s meat is another’s poison anyway.

Since you already all this about AA then don’t fly AA. But it seems you want cheap and red carpet treatment.
I think we all understand what we are compromising for the cheap airfare AA is providing.
Not happy then choose others. No obligation there.

[quote=“ssajnani”]Since you already all this about AA then don’t fly AA. But it seems you want cheap and red carpet treatment.
I think we all understand what we are compromising for the cheap airfare AA is providing.
Not happy then choose others. No obligation there.[/quote]

i think i already sums it up for you. “one man’s meat is another’s poison anyway”