Air Asia, Miri-Singapore akan datang

today Star…

Saturday October 4, 2008 MYT 4:56:31 PM
AirAsia gets nod to fly to Spore from KK, Kuching, Miri
By MUGUNTAN VANAR

KOTA KINABALU: The federal government has agreed for AirAsia to undertake direct flights from three major towns in Sabah and Sarawak to Singapore, Transport Minister Datuk Ong Tee Keat said.

He said officials from his ministry and their Singapore counterparts will meet later this month to discuss direct flights from Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Miri to the island republic.

Our negotiations would be based on reciprocity. We hope to finalise negotiations this month, he told reporters Saturday after attending the Sabah MCA convention here.

He said the Transport Ministry had been given the green light by the Government to negotiate for the low-cost carrier to provide direct flights to Singapore from the three major cities in Sabah and Sarawak.

He also disclosed that his officials would be discussing increasing the frequency of the current daily two flights to Singapore during their meeting with their counterparts.

We hope by December the additional flights to Singapore by AirAsia will be implemented, Ong said, adding that the move was part of Aseans roadmap towards liberalising aviation.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

I LOVE YOU, TONY !!!

haha…then rabbitx can fly directly to S’pore for shopping lo!!!

it is a good news

Source: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsb … ?id=362574

AirAsia To Operate New Routes Between Singapore And Cities In Sabah, Sarawak

KOTA KINABALU, Oct 4 (Bernama) – Low-cost carrier AirAsia has been given the green light to operate new routes between Singapore and three cities in Sabah and Sarawak.

Transport Minister Datuk Ong Tee Keat said those cities are Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Miri.

“Detailed negotiations between my ministry and the Singapore authorities will be finalised this month and we hope AirAsia can operate those routes as soon as possible. Definitely this year,” he told reporters after attending the Sabah MCA convention here.

Ong also said that the negotiations would involve increasing AirAsias frequency between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore by December.

Currently, AirAsia is operating the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route twice daily.

Meanwhile, Ong quashed misconceptions that Malaysia was not practising the open sky policy.

“People seem to have a misconception on the open sky policy when it is actually in place,” he said.

“We have reached agreements with other countries to practise this policy in Sabah and Sarawak as well as at our secondary airports,” he added.

– BERNAMA

let’s conquer s’pore :smiley:

Great News for Mirian … You can get your latest LV in Singp.

Yay…direct flights to Singapore is great. No need for car ride to and from JB. AND I can now claim back my GST when I leave Singapore. =)

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Hope it works out!

if all works out. i can every month go back Miri liao… :stuck_out_tongue:

yeaa … I dun have to fly to Johor again to take ride there to Singapore … cool at last …

yeah yeah yeah!

Yays!

But does Miri Airport have the seperation between outgoing international and domestic departure hall?

Yeah! singapore lan can come miri climb tree loh…

no they don’t have it
but i saw different section for international flight at the same departure hall… :roll:
so i guess they will be using the same departure hall and different “land” or “section” for international flight (just my thought)

good, now can get singapore chicken at Geylang street extra fast

wow just going s’pore for their chicken at Geylang street??

that chicken is extra juicy

Yes!!! Now I no need go from Johor waste another 3 hours…

Cool!!! can find singapore stars lor!!! :smiley: