Ahmad refuses to apologise

GEORGE TOWN: Bukit Bendera Umno division chief Datuk Ahmad Ismail has refused to apologise over his alleged racist remark calling the Chinese community immigrants who do not deserve equal rights.

Why should I apologise? I didnt do anything wrong. Those who do wrong should apologise but I havent done anything, Ahmad said, when met outside his Bayan Baru office Thursday.

He, however, refused to comment on whether the press misquoted him.

He said a full statement on what transpired would be released after a Penang Umno Liaison meeting on Saturday. He added that he would not say much at present, but wanted to clear up the issue of reporting to the police.

Police are currently investigating five reports lodged against Ahmad under the Sedition Act 1948 for allegedly uttering the seditious remarks at a ceramah on the eve of the Permatang Pauh by-election.

Some press are saying that they were informed that I was going to the Bukit Mertajam police station on Wednesday night (to make a statement), but I want to make it clear that I never told anyone or informed anyone that I would be there. It was their assumption, he added.

Ahmad recorded a statement with the police at the police contingent headquarters in Penang Road about 10pm Wednesday while pressmen from television, online and print media were waiting for him on the mainland.

Asked where he had been over the last few days, Ahmad confirmed that he had been leading a sepak takraw team to a tournament in Bangkok.

My phone has been on and off, but a lot of my anak buah (supporters) have been calling me, so maybe thats why it has been hard to get through, he said.

On the alleged misappropriation of funds involving now-defunct company Popular Profile Sdn Bhd (PPSB), Ahmad said he had resigned before any action was taken on the company.

This issue has nothing to do with me. Action is taken on a company, not on a personal capacity. Moreover, I resigned from company on 1 Sept 1998. What happened after that, I dont know.

The Chief Minister (Lim Guan Eng) shouldnt be using his political muscle and power to attack me, he said, adding that he would not say more on the land deal until he had checked the details.

Lim had recently attacked Ahmad on a 1997 land deal involving PPSB, in which Ahmad had been a director. Lim alleged that the company had cheated the state out of RM500,000 in a deal involving 4.2ha of industrial land in Bukit Minyak.

Source from The Star Online.

If we chinese talk or insult their race, think what is gonna happen to us?

West Malaysia people not nice. That true. Not like Sarawak and Sabah. We are multi race and we can live together.

not all west msia bro… just some certain ppl only…

and not all east m’sians are nice… :twisted:

Ok certain people. But mostly. My friend is a malay from sarawak working at west malaysia told me: Susah betul nak kerja di semenjung ni. Selalu sangat tengok orang melayu. Kiri kanan orang melayu. Tak ada bangsa orang lain. Bagus lagi kerja di sarawak. Ada iban, bidayuh, cina, kelabit, kayan, melanau dan macam macam lagi. Keluar sekejap jumpa melayu, kiri kanan melayu. pening kepala.

That is my friend told me when he come back from west malaysia. He told me better stay at Sarawak. He told me he always meet “Doctor” at the roadside, under the bridge and kaki lima.

fully agreed!!! :wink:

[quote=“360leader”]Ok certain people. But mostly. My friend is a malay from sarawak working at west malaysia told me: Susah betul nak kerja di semenjung ni. Selalu sangat tengok orang melayu. Kiri kanan orang melayu. Tak ada bangsa orang lain. Bagus lagi kerja di sarawak. Ada iban, bidayuh, cina, kelabit, kayan, melanau dan macam macam lagi. Keluar sekejap jumpa melayu, kiri kanan melayu. pening kepala.

That is my friend told me when he come back from west malaysia. He told me better stay at Sarawak. He told me he always meet “Doctor” at the roadside, under the bridge and kaki lima.[/quote]

u see mat rempit there compare to us here lah… there one very powerful but miri here…u know lah… :mrgreen:

Mat rempit here in sarawak just a hobby. Not extreme rider

Seriously strayed from the topic of this thread…

ok ok back to topic…

Why should I apologise? I didnt do anything wrong. Those who do wrong should apologise but I havent done anything, Ahmad said, when met outside his Bayan Baru office Thursday.

this is very offensive man…

i got iban friend working in pulau pinang…he said some proud race look down on sarawak people,in including my friend iban race…what give?they think they are so smart?donno them lah…they really give me bad impression…i born in borneo,i am PROUD to live in SARAWAK…

this ahmad here…really didnt use brain to think one…he is picking up a fight…

Guess what? They still think we live on the tree. Orang Sarawak masih tinggal atas pokok kah? :shock: They ask this type of question to my friend

you know why ahmad says he doesn’t have to apologise?
because he’s not the only one saying that kind of things, it’s umno’s perception of reality and history:

http://blog.limkitsiang.com/2008/09/04/ … n-courses/

BTNs racist and divisive indoctrination courses
Now that Najib has apologised to non-Malays for Ahmads statement, I would like to bring to the attention of Najib the pain endured by the young non-Malay JPA scholars who are required to go through a five-day Biro Tatanegara programme at certain camps in the country. To be fair, many moderate Malay students too cried and were hurt by some racist comments made by the instructors.

As part of the course, which is mandatory before they are sent overseas, all non-Malays are segrgated and given lectures on the history of the country and how the immigration of the Chinese and Indians had taken place. And finally how the Chinese and Indians were given citizenship. The Malays too had their own similar sessions.

The instructors blatantly told them that they should not question the rights and privileges of the Malays as the non-Malays should be thankful that they were given citizenship status and a place to stay on their soil. My daughter together with the other non-Malay students was shocked and went back to their dormitories depressed. And to the Malay students, the instructors told them to be aware of this fact and not to mix too freely with the non-Malays.

A Malay friend of my daughter came back crying to the dormitory saying that she could not take the racist position taken by the government authority. My daughter then began questioning the bumiputra policy and was disgusted with such blatant indoctrination. This incident has also made the students harbour anger and resentment. Their fear for the authorities and losing their scholarships made them keep their cool. I am not exaggerating here - ask all the JPA students to write in anonymously and you will know the truth.

These are young minds being polluted with racism. Tens of thousands of students have gone through this programme and more will be attending it in the future. So can you blame them when they exhibit their racist tendencies when in authority? How could the JPA allow such a syllabus for the cream of the nation, who will one day be entrusted to implement government policies fairly?

So, will Najib take responsibility for the racist syllabus and subsequently the racist remarks and apologise to the tens of thousands of students and parents who were hurt by such hurtful remarks? Of course knowing the BN government, it will deny this. Believe me, this is the ABSOLUTE truth.

My call to Najib is to immediately probe into this claim with the help of a multi-racial team of officers from Suhakam BUT please maintain the anonymity of the young children who have everything to lose. This blatant racism practised and preached by the Barisan Nasional government must stop immediately.

From an outraged Malaysian parent

ahahaha…this remind me my teacher when i was form 3,my teacher from Kedah…she told our class that,when she got the news that she is being transfer to sarawak miri.her family is very worried,buy lots of maggie mee and instant food for her to bring to miri…when she arrived at miri,she realized mirian is not living up on the tree…as a student,i sat down there…thinking…miri already got airport,why she still think we live on tree?does she think the airport is the only moden building in sarawak?what for to build a airport if the civilizations is still on the tree?why she think we live on tree?no human live on tree before…we are not monkey…nor orang utan…we are homosapien…till now…think back will get me a ‘what the hell’ feeling…

[quote=“stupidhead”]you know why ahmad says he doesn’t have to apologise?
because he’s not the only one saying that kind of things, it’s umno’s perception of reality and history:

http://blog.limkitsiang.com/2008/09/04/ … n-courses/

BTNs racist and divisive indoctrination courses
Now that Najib has apologised to non-Malays for Ahmads statement, I would like to bring to the attention of Najib the pain endured by the young non-Malay JPA scholars who are required to go through a five-day Biro Tatanegara programme at certain camps in the country. To be fair, many moderate Malay students too cried and were hurt by some racist comments made by the instructors.

As part of the course, which is mandatory before they are sent overseas, all non-Malays are segrgated and given lectures on the history of the country and how the immigration of the Chinese and Indians had taken place. And finally how the Chinese and Indians were given citizenship. The Malays too had their own similar sessions.

The instructors blatantly told them that they should not question the rights and privileges of the Malays as the non-Malays should be thankful that they were given citizenship status and a place to stay on their soil. My daughter together with the other non-Malay students was shocked and went back to their dormitories depressed. And to the Malay students, the instructors told them to be aware of this fact and not to mix too freely with the non-Malays.

A Malay friend of my daughter came back crying to the dormitory saying that she could not take the racist position taken by the government authority. My daughter then began questioning the bumiputra policy and was disgusted with such blatant indoctrination. This incident has also made the students harbour anger and resentment. Their fear for the authorities and losing their scholarships made them keep their cool. I am not exaggerating here - ask all the JPA students to write in anonymously and you will know the truth.

These are young minds being polluted with racism. Tens of thousands of students have gone through this programme and more will be attending it in the future. So can you blame them when they exhibit their racist tendencies when in authority? How could the JPA allow such a syllabus for the cream of the nation, who will one day be entrusted to implement government policies fairly?

So, will Najib take responsibility for the racist syllabus and subsequently the racist remarks and apologise to the tens of thousands of students and parents who were hurt by such hurtful remarks? Of course knowing the BN government, it will deny this. Believe me, this is the ABSOLUTE truth.

My call to Najib is to immediately probe into this claim with the help of a multi-racial team of officers from Suhakam BUT please maintain the anonymity of the young children who have everything to lose. This blatant racism practised and preached by the Barisan Nasional government must stop immediately.

From an outraged Malaysian parent

[/quote]

Recently A friend of mine who was a trainee doctor had to go through this two weeks camp where as stated they would be brief for five days of the statements above. So we sort of poke fun that it was meant to be a brainwashing camp to give birth to new born terrorist…

why everyone so bothered by us living on trees? when i worked in west malaysia, i always introduce myself as a sarawakian… and i said we still live on trees… we swing from trees to trees to go to work… but our trees do have lifts…

and looking at the ways things are going, we might be the last state to insist on voting for corrupt politicians to lead us… then we might as well live on trees… at least monkeys will know what is bad for them and choose something else…

new born terrorist?i am so ashamed to tell my skype friend i live in malaysia…

I also heard about this one, Stupidhead. It true. But we just hear it. Masuk telinga kanan keluar telinga kiri. Habis cerita