Ah Tong's Curry Chicken Rice Stall

Needs help from old timer.

Do anyone know if Ah Tong’s Curry Chicken stall is still around? It was behind the Miri market in the early 80s. Is it still around?

are u having a fit or wot?
suddenly looking for something dat was available 20 years ago.
i dunno bout ah tong’s but there a stall run by elderly ladies in open air market dat sell curry char siew rice.
though it’s not related, mayb u can ask em…
good luck!!

Why mention grandmas selling char siew rice? Not interested in food laa.

Don’t you know Ah Tong has 3 beautiful daughters? :twisted:

The famous curry chicken rice stall is still there. I think. If you’re talking about that one. And their business is still as good.

Don’t you know Ah Tong has 3 beautiful daughters?

Now, if that was 20 years ago…

That should be the Ah Tong you all were referring to eh…!! The old ladies or Ah Tong Curry Chicken Rice. Coz I think I always hear people say “Go eat Curry Tong”. Should be la. If not…just go there and give it a try. See if it still taste the same like 20 years ago.

Quote:

What is wrong with older mature good-looking women? Look at our female forumer over 30s. Still looks better than some of our Miri beauty contestants.

Quote:

Coz I think I always hear people say “Go eat Curry Tong”.

Maybe it is them. ‘Curry Tong’ could also mean ‘Curry Stall’ as Tong means Stall in Chinese.

I’ve checked with several people…they told me it’s the same as before… so go and try it out and see if it still taste the same as the Ah Tong Curry. Cheers! :lol:

[quote=“IloveIban&Miri”]

What is wrong with older mature good-looking women? Look at our female forumer over 30s. Still looks better than some of our Miri beauty contestants. [/quote]

Yes, I agree. But I don’t think after 20 years they’d still be there helping out in the stall. Not that they don’t help out but they probably have their own matters to tend to if you get what I mean.

Well, I can pretty much say that I’m pretty sure 99% that the one you’re talking about is still there.

Thanks ValerieG and Ian. Whoa … 20 years plus and they are still there! I defintitely will try it.

Yes, I agree. But I don’t think after 20 years they’d still be there helping out in the stall. Not that they don’t help out but they probably have their own matters to tend to if you get what I mean.

:lol:
just kidding laa … I don’t know if he has daughters or not. Even if he had, I was too young to be bothered then.

I am sure it still taste the same…no one beats their curry rice…

i just had lunch there 2day n tapau 2 packets.
sedap nye not to mention the char siew(s) r plenty…
wot happen if they retire…?
OMG!!!
no curry rice…!
arghhhhhhhhh :shock:

Hmmm… I should have noted this earlier, Crap, I I feel I miss something good …

Ya…don;t know what happends when they retire…u know, i am sure they have beaten some records or something…i mean almost everyone in miri have tasted their curry rice…not just 1 generation, i am sure 2 or 3 also got.

pardon me… I never heard of this Ah Tong’s stall. Wonder which one is that…?? hehehhe
Lama din go jalan2 cari makan in Miri town…

:shock: @ carol & Sileast20

It is un-Mirian, unpatriotic and unacceptable to call oneself a Mirian and not try Ah Tong’s curry. I think the two of you should organise a trip to Mirianize yourself. The sooner the better! :evil: