Acer Desktop

hey guys… i would like to know about acer desktop… what type of mobo LGA775 they usually put inside the desktop??when pc fair again,i think i going to buy Aspire M3710-254Y or better by paying for 12months(LOAN)… M3710-254Y chipset is nvidia geforce 9200… is it good chipset for overclocking and gaming?? but not heavy overclocking… about GPU i would upgrade it later…

You can’t do much with a 9200 for gaming. Expect terrible framerates.

aiya… after i bought it… i directly upgrade the graphic card de to HD4870 if possible… Depends on PSU lor and price rate…

9200=lap sap~LoLs

i know 9200 is rubbish… But now i asking what type of motherboard they usually put for acer desktop??? is it good or rubbish motherboard

Well do not expect to see them putting high end motherboard that is for sure.

so “branded” pc like acer is lapsap lar(but not really lapsap)??? i know that customize my own pc is better but the warranty period is short and i feel heart pain ler when paying whole price…

Even Acer’s Predator, the supposedly high end PC made for gaming, has its issues.

Two owners of Acer Predator gaming PCs reported recently that the desktops got so hot the external casing melted. Accordingly, Acer issued a voluntary recall Thursday.

The recall affects approximately 215 Predator desktops sold by Acer between May and December 2008, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

There have been at least two reported incidents of the PCs short-circuiting, causing both internal components and the exterior casing to melt. Fortunately, there were no injuries as a result, according to Acer.

Acer says the problem is caused by the insulation on the PCs’ internal wiring, which can “become bent or stripped,” leading the wires to overheat.

Anyone who bought one of these Predators during the period listed above can call Acer for a free repair. See the CPSC Web site for more details.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10200582-1.html

all products have their own issue though

Even Acer’s Predator, the supposedly high end PC made for gaming, has its issues.

Two owners of Acer Predator gaming PCs reported recently that the desktops got so hot the external casing melted. Accordingly, Acer issued a voluntary recall Thursday.

The recall affects approximately 215 Predator desktops sold by Acer between May and December 2008, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

There have been at least two reported incidents of the PCs short-circuiting, causing both internal components and the exterior casing to melt. Fortunately, there were no injuries as a result, according to Acer.

Acer says the problem is caused by the insulation on the PCs’ internal wiring, which can “become bent or stripped,” leading the wires to overheat.

Anyone who bought one of these Predators during the period listed above can call Acer for a free repair. See the CPSC Web site for more details.

[/quote]

is it me or they never test their product before selling?

Why dont you custim built one?? then you wont complain whose brand is bad whose brand is good lol… furthermore custom built are best… they r the cheaper than the ready made ones…

…or much expensive. but who cares anyway…

custom built is always more budget wise if compare to performance.

its budget vs performance issue thingy…very subjective anyway…

Custom built PC’s warranty arent short. In fact, some are longer, unless you bought Acer’s extended warranty thing. As I know, Acer’s standard warranty is 1 year, and extended warranty is 3 years.

Now, let’s see custom built pc. Most mobo’s have 3 years warranty. HDD mostly 3 years, hardly find 5 years Seagate liao… Ram, some of them is lifetime warranty. Graphics card ranges from 1 to 3 years.

And yeah, the only bad thing about custom made pc is no loan or 0% interest credit card instalment plan. Oh well… :roll:

true lol…

[/quote]

Custom built PC’s warranty arent short. In fact, some are longer, unless you bought Acer’s extended warranty thing. As I know, Acer’s standard warranty is 1 year, and extended warranty is 3 years.

Now, let’s see custom built pc. Most mobo’s have 3 years warranty. HDD mostly 3 years, hardly find 5 years Seagate liao… Ram, some of them is lifetime warranty. Graphics card ranges from 1 to 3 years.

And yeah, the only bad thing about custom made pc is no loan or 0% interest credit card instalment plan. Oh well… :roll:[/quote]

~whatman
wow… never know that acer got big issue like that…

~GeminiGeek
ur right… haiz… only bad thing is i have to pay whole price… heart pain :S… anywhere thx for reply…

This topic is ready to close… anyway thx for all of the reply…

M3710-254Y with Windows XP Service Pack 3… Sound card not working :x It’s Windows XP driver issue with Realtek chip… No such problem with Windows Vista.

There might not be a XP driver available for that motherboard’s sound card. It suppose to come pre-loaded with Vista, not XP.

Your only choice is to use Vista, or get a sound card that does support XP.

don buy acer… coz acer means

A = Aku
C = Cepat
E = Easy
R = Rosak