A needle can save the life of a stroke patient-

I’m afraid i can’t agree with you. most people (or at least scientists) often consider what they can’t comprehend/explain/prove as unscientific. For instance, decades ago, most scientists didn’t think teleportation is scientific. However eventually many scientists do believe it’s possible after many experiments and studies being conducted on quantum teleportation. Scientists still can’t explain (scientifically) how does Acupunture work, or even how does Qi, the basic of chinese medical practice work, that doesn’t mean they won’t be able to prove/explain it in future. If chinese medical practices including acupuncture is “unscientific”, medical schools in China wouldn’t be teaching them.

Personally I never experienced acupuncture myself. I have a close relative who used to have serious rheumatism, according to him the condition gets much better after he started receiving acupuncture treatments about one and a half year ago and he’s still receiving the treatment constantly.

Here are few links about acupuncture:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 044457.htm
http://www.umm.edu/news/releases/back_pain.htm
http://www.uchospitals.edu/online-libra … ent=P00171
http://dsc.discovery.com/search/more-re … cupuncture

why should that remain a mystery, this claim is so easy to prove /disprove. papaya seeds are plenty and taking that for 30days shouldn’t do any harm to your health. and there are enough people with high blood or high blood sugar to just test it out. you yourself said you have high blood. why not do an experiment? go design an scientific experiment, and you can come back to tell us, how much truth there’s in this old folk tale. it’s really not that complicated…
:wink:[/quote]Hello stupidhead,

To me, the above remain as “x-file” because I was told about it and have yet to testify!!! Yes, I am “suffer” in high-blood and I am taking the western medicine currently … everything seem “under-control”! And I am happy with that!

You are the one who is going after REAL EDUCATION, why not you find out and make yourself some scientific experiment and come back to US … since you have said … it’s really not that complicated!!!

wow… very hot here ya…

haha… And yes… i have heard also abt the chinese method too…not sure if it is real or not but it is a good thing i think to know…

i would like to help, but i don’t have high blood pressure or blood sugar, yet, so i can’t experiment on myself. i don’t think it’s fair to test it on others, nor would i expect someone with such problem to agree to participate in the experiment while foregoing their western medicine, just like your case.

i will not recommend papaya seeds to anyone for medical reason, nor will i take it myself. but too often, people are so ready to recommend some supposedly traditional remedies to others, which they will not test…

[quote=“stupidhead”]i would like to help, but i don’t have high blood pressure or blood sugar, yet, so i can’t experiment on myself. i don’t think it’s fair to test it on others, nor would i expect someone with such problem to agree to participate in the experiment while foregoing their western medicine, just like your case.[/quote]Oh boy, you are like hunting in the junle, what are you really hunting at? Which part of my replies you dont understand? Are you hunting or howling?

[quote=“stupidhead”]i will not recommend papaya seeds to anyone for medical reason, nor will i take it myself. but too often, people are so ready to recommend some supposedly traditional remedies to others, which they will not test…[/quote]Re-read my post stupidfhead, and be regret to ASK me to testify as I clearly stated that my answer to this remain as x-files!!!

Now, may I ask … if you are a trained medic? And what study or experiment you have done to prove that supposedly traditional remedies will not work? Kindly share, please!!!

[quote=“Smallee”]wow… very hot here ya…

haha… And yes… i have heard also abt the chinese method too…not sure if it is real or not but it is a good thing i think to know…[/quote]

i thot im d only one tat readin a hot thread here…yes, agreed wt u on tis - its a gud thing 2knw abt tis… :slight_smile:

that’s right. something that can’t be scientifically explained/proven is unscientific. if something is not fully understood, it can still be true. but if the cause-and-effect is not consistently reproducible then it’s definitely not ready to be called scientific yet.

For instance, decades ago, most scientists didn’t think teleportation is scientific. However eventually many scientists do believe it’s possible after many experiments and studies being conducted on quantum teleportation.

imho, teleportation is more scientific than the existence of god, because it can be theorised. that’s what is happening now - some people theorised that teleportation can happen in such and such manners, someone go test it. indeed you are right that often our ability to prove a theory can be limited by technologies. i don’t expect to see teleportation in application in my lifetime though…

Scientists still can’t explain (scientifically) how does Acupunture work, or even how does Qi, the basic of chinese medical practice work, that doesn’t mean they won’t be able to prove/explain it in future. If chinese medical practices including acupuncture is “unscientific”, medical schools in China wouldn’t be teaching them.

the effect, or not, of acupuncture can be tested scientifically. to prove qi is much harder because it’s still mostly a vague concept that’s hard to grasp and measure - prove or disprove. as i said earlier, scientific works are again being done on chinese medicine. that’s a good thing. but it doesn’t mean everything that’s chinese medicine is scientific, or at least not quite yet. are you willing to take untested remedies? i’m not if there’s alternative.

Personally I never experienced acupuncture myself. I have a close relative who used to have serious rheumatism, according to him the condition gets much better after he started receiving acupuncture treatments about one and a half year ago and he’s still receiving the treatment constantly.
Here are few links about acupuncture:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 044457.htm
http://www.umm.edu/news/releases/back_pain.htm
http://www.uchospitals.edu/online-libra … ent=P00171
http://dsc.discovery.com/search/more-re … cupuncture

rheumatism is not exactly an illness… i presume you mean he suffers from some kind of pain on his body… and yes, acupuncture’s ability to relief pain has been studied and demonstrated for many years. i myself have tried it for that purpose and it worked! but it doesn’t cure the underlying problem if the pain is caused by something else - e.g. cancer. you can find me recommending acupuncture to others for problem like chronic pains, migraine, insomnia, etc. but i stop far short of claiming it will help fix cancer or AIDS, or even muscular injuries… well at least there’s no scientific prove that it does that (yet?)

i’m not a medic although i’ve been a trained/certified first aider for more than 15 years now…

And what study or experiment you have done to prove that supposedly traditional remedies will not work? Kindly share, please!!!

i can only say this: asking me to prove that something will not work shows that you don’t understand science at all.
but please try not to take this as an insult, because >90% of the population don’t understand science. and this is probably the wrong forum to discuss this. i just can’t help myself.

in the event of an emergency, 1st aid treatment can mean the difference between life and death. if you suspect someone is having a stroke (learn to diagnose the symptoms - see links in previous posts), get help as soon as possible!
if at the same time you can afford to minimise moving the victim too much, all the better. if you have the time and you really want to bleed the fellow, go ahead! i don’t think a little bleeding can hurt anyone… but please don’t do it instead of proven (western) best practices now.

if you suspect you are having stroke, call for help to get to a hospital asap. after that, if you want to prick your fingers with some needles… go ahead and have fun! but do try not to cause so much bleeding or use a dirty needle or something that the doctors will be distracted to deal with later on… :wink:

just look around you, surely you know of some stroke survivors among your circle of friends and families. there may even be enough data around you for you to learn something. how many died from stroke? how many survived? whet were the treatment for each? how long did they take to go to hospital? etc.
my fiend nightwatch claims to have witnessed two victims survived and fully recovered from stroke after this “traditional” treatment. i’m fortunate enough not to have been put in similar situation but i know of two incidences - conveyed to me by someone who was on site where the victims were given the same treatment (yes, it’s a well known 1st aid for stroke among the older folks), and both were pronounced dead when arriving at the hospital. perhaps nightwatch’s accounts are more credible since he was there, but you decide…

i’m not a medic although i’ve been a trained/certified first aider for more than 15 years now…[/quote]Great and good on you … please advice you are (were) certify by … ? My understanding is that a trained medic need to so-call renew the certification on a yearly basic, correct me if I am wrong! Speaking about this, when I was in the high school in mid 1980’, i do received some papers stated that I attend some medical course, I wonder can I consider I am a trained medic in a way some 23 years ago!?!

[quote=“stupidhead”]

And what study or experiment you have done to prove that supposedly traditional remedies will not work? Kindly share, please!!!
i can only say this: asking me to prove that something will not work shows that you don’t understand science at all. [/quote]Well, I admit I am bad in science … but again, I believe MANY peoples doesnt have that much knowledge about science but their life still on going … I dont believe one need to learn about science to call themself a REAL EDUCATION!!! Be humble a bit stupidhead!!!

[quote=“stupidhead”]but please try not to take this as an insult, because >90% of the population don’t understand science. and this is probably the wrong forum to discuss this. i just can’t help myself. [/quote]BINGO, it never too late to realize that :wink:

[quote=“stupidhead”]in the event of an emergency, 1st aid treatment can mean the difference between life and death. if you suspect someone is having a stroke (learn to diagnose the symptoms - see links in previous posts), get help as soon as possible!
if at the same time you can afford to minimise moving the victim too much, all the better.[/quote]Now … this part is a good reading but I refused to believe that came from the REAL EDUCATION …

[quote=“stupidhead”]if you have the time and you really want to bleed the fellow, go ahead! i don’t think a little bleeding can hurt anyone… but please don’t do it instead of proven (western) best practices now.[/quote]You are quite right in a way about this … that’s why … not any tom and harry can perform any aids assistance … leave that to the TRAINED Medic … if one cant get any assistance from the TRAINED Medic in time, I wonder …

[quote=“stupidhead”]if you suspect you are having stroke, call for help to get to a hospital asap. after that, if you want to prick your fingers with some needles… go ahead and have fun! but do try not to cause so much bleeding or use a dirty needle or something that the doctors will be distracted to deal with later on… :wink: [/quote]This make fun reading … full of humor :lol: !!!

[quote=“stupidhead”]i’m fortunate enough not to have been put in similar situation but i know of two incidences - conveyed to me by someone who was on site where the victims were given the same treatment (yes, it’s a well known 1st aid for stroke among the older folks), and both were pronounced dead when arriving at the hospital. perhaps nightwatch’s accounts are more credible since he was there, but you decide…[/quote] :lol: :lol: :lol: I am laughing but at the same time I am sad for not being able to witness the later part on the two indivduals progress.

I guess this is my last post on this topic … since I use alot of my times to check on spelling mistake and begging someone else to help me to form the sentences … it is better for me to work my pup / dog then … peace!!!

Again, which one is good … Traditional Chinese or Modern Western? You to find out individually … I am not againist any of it BUT purely doesnt seen right to read teh link about REAL EDUCATION!!!

ok. i hope you had fun.

if the term “real education” was not used, where got real debate?

and yes, life goes own, no matter whether one understands science or not, or for that matter whether one has “real education” or not. your life, your choice. it’s a free world.

your residence devil,

• stupidhead
    :twisted: