88 yrs jail, 40 strokes for Miri serial robber

MIRI: With the arrest of a suspect yesterday afternoon, police here believe that they have solved eight armed robbery and two attempted robbery cases.

Acting on information received from the public, police teams tailed the suspect who was driving a Kancil car along North Yu Seng Road to Jalan Bendahara before incepting him at Jalan Merbau.

Around 2.45pm we arrested a 48-year-old man believed to be involved in eight armed robbery and two attempted armed robbery cases in Miri for the last two months, Miri police chief ACP Mun Kock Keong told a press conference yesterday.

He said the suspect believed to be from Kuching began his lone crime spree since August, the first by robbing a bakery at Pelita Commercial Centre here and his last was an attempted robbery of a petrol station at Miri-Airport Road on Monday night.

The suspect was trying to resist arrest when the police intercepted him. After checking his car, we found a cap, a knife, spectacles and two shirts, which we believe were used by the suspect during the robberies, he said.

Mun thanked the public for their cooperation and fast action in giving the tip-off leading to the arrest of the suspect yesterday.

The suspect is believed to have robbed bakeries, pharmacies, clinics, petrol stations, a baby products shop and a franchise chain store in the city.

According to Mun, the suspect had been jailed for armed robbery outside Sarawak.

Read more: http://www.theborneopost.com/2012/10/04 … z28I3SAR6Z

32SWAK10

wow 88 years for a serial robber?

like that might as well become rapist … provided that you have a bright future

I salute the judge for this case. It’s very,very clear that people like this are very,very dangerous to the public. There come a time this serial robber will became a killer without the intention to became one, who know’s

Yeah i do agree that this person is dangerous and a threat to society, but 88 years? ive heard of heavier crimes with lighter sentences.

But in this case, i think the investigating officer must have done his homework well and had highlighted the cases this guy had commited, the critical aspect/personality of the serial robber and further more this guy never repented of his crime. I guess, that’s the reasons why the judge sentence him to 88 years in prison. The judge is more concern for the well being of the people of this society. I really THANKS him for that.

after two weeks, we see the same person sitting at coffee shop drink coffee play iphone :mrgreen:

[quote=“Ronald”]wow 88 years for a serial robber?

like that might as well become rapist … provided that you have a bright future[/quote]

this robber old man edi… no more bright future. send to jail to replace some bright future serial rapist. :shock:

[quote=“berngo”][quote=“Ronald”]wow 88 years for a serial robber?

like that might as well become rapist … provided that you have a bright future[/quote]

this robber old man edi… no more bright future. send to jail to replace some bright future serial rapist. :shock:[/quote]

Maybe thats what he aiming for. Free curry rice to eat everyday.
Anyway, thankfully he is behind bars.

88 years 40 stroke…if u jailed a person for 88 years, there’s no need for canning so heavily. he’s locked up for good for the rest of his life. u won’t see him anymore in society. 88 years, that’s a life sentence. i had seen heavier crime but lighter sentence than this.

few months ago, a teenage killer suspect was released from all charges. i think all of u here know who am i talking about…

maybe this serial robber is poor…

sigh, just save the taxpayers money used to feed him and just put a bullet in his head la…
sigh…

what a waste

@DMsia
Human rights issue. That’s why you see overcrowding of jails in the US and they have to slowly release some on ‘good behaviour’. Seen this in Discovery Channel.

This kind of ■■■■■■■ should be given death penalty. No need to live anymore. 88 years also he will die of old age in jail. To prevent overcrowding,just give the death sentence. :slight_smile:

i think the words human rights have gone way out of context…

this one robber I no comment lah, but those serial murderer or rapist how?
they deserve to be entitled to human rights? what about the victims they rape or murder?

To take someones life … even to make the decision to take someones life … is no simple task.

88 years 40 stroke…if u jailed a person for 88 years, there’s no need for canning so heavily. he’s locked up for good for the rest of his life. u won’t see him anymore in society. 88 years, that’s a life sentence. i had seen heavier crime but lighter sentence than this.

few months ago, a teenage killer suspect was released from all charges. i think all of u here know who am i talking about…

maybe this serial robber is poor…[/quote]

Bear in mind, that teenage u mentioned had sit at Lambir prison for almost 2 years pending High Court Stephen’s decision.

1. He got 2 lawyers , one of the lawyer worked as majistret before? two lawyers fees his parents paid for Rm150 , 000++. What says you?

2. The case dont have enough SOLID evidences, thats why he can escape himself from the death punishment.

3. The DPP had been paid for ENOUGH $$$ to keep their mouth shut and ordered not to provide IMPORTANT evidences at court.

Based on this 3 points , one can clearly escape from laws. Thats why we can see our kangaroo court always practice double standard judgement.