8,745 grads among 22,835 job seekers in first 3 months

MIRI: Department of Labour (JTK) Sarawak recorded a total of 22,835 active job seekers in the state until March this year, where 8,745 are graduates.

JTK Sarawak director August Buma said the government is always making efforts to match job seekers who are in need of guidance, with their academic qualification and skills.

“JTK Sarawak will continue to help job seekers and graduates secure a job that is suitable with their qualifications, with the aim to reduce the unemployment rate in the state.

“This will also help industries in Sarawak fulfill their employment needs,” he said in his speech text which was read by JTK Sarawak deputy director Sulaiman Ismail who represented him at the Job Placement

Fair launched at Permymall yesterday.

According to August, the government is targeting to produce 35 per cent skilled workforce by 2020 and needs the collaboration of all parties to realise this.

“The Human Resource Ministry (HRM) is not only responsible in providing a platform for job seekers but at the same time, it provides opportunities for the training of skilled manpower,” he said.

He said vocational training is being provided by HRM through institutions under the Manpower Department such as Institut Latihan Perindustrian (ILP) and Advance Technology Centre (Adtec).

Meanwhile, BN candidate for Senadin Datuk Lee Kim Shin praised the efforts of the organiser in staging the fair to help job seekers as well as those who want to change career in jobs.

“I am always concerned and I want the best for Miri and this job fair will definitely help Mirians who are still looking for jobs,” he said in his officiating speech at the job fair.

Lee added that many jobs are created by industries that set up base in Miri, as Miri provides a good environment for their business.

“This is why we need a strong government in Sarawak, so that more industries can come here and create job and business opportunities for the people here.

“I hope everyone can realise this and make the right choice by voting for Barisan Nasional in this coming election, to ensure Miri has the best development, that creates more job and business opportunities,” Lee said.

A total of 850 vacancies from 20 companies await job seekers at the Job Placement Fair which is taking place at the concourse area of Permymall on April 23-24 from 8am to 5pm.

The programme, jointly organised by Miri Labour Office and Ministry of Human Resourse, will open from 8am until 5pm over the two days.

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/04/23/8745-grads-among-22835-job-seekers-in-first-3-months/