7.2 quake triggers tsunami on Java island

Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/7/17/nation/20060717172317&sec=nation

Monday July 17, 2006

7.2 quake triggers tsunami on Java island

JAKARTA (AP): A powerful earthquake sent a two-meter-high tsunami crashing into a beach resort on Indonesia’s Java island Monday, damaging hotels and sending boats smashing into houses, a witness told a local radio station.

People fled to a local hill to escape the wave on Pangandaran beach in west Java, a woman identified as Teti told el-Shinta radio station.

“All the houses are destroyed along the beach,” she said. There was no immediate word on casualties. - AP

End of the World Checklist:

terrorist attacks? …check
space vehicles falling out of the sky? …check
wars …check
6-6-6? (06-06-06) …check
bigfoot sightings? …check
stupid / big mouthed politicians? …check
major catestrophies? …check
intermittent tsunamis? …check
fighting schoolgirls? …check
bill gates’ retirement? …check
200,000 computer viruses? …check
exploding Dells? …check
windows vista launch? …not yet

Yup! the clear signs are here! it will be soon! Buy my anti-world ending device! only $999.99!

:

LMAO!

I never believe in " END OF THE WORLD "

So do I, but that’s because I have the anti-world ending device! :smiley:

do you have waranty for that…if u do how long:D

Better sell that to me…or maybe I can trade my Tsunami Raising Dvice to you for that… :lol: ups ups ups ups …

flush baby flush, flush the Brontok author into the sea… (as if I know the author and lives in Jawa :lol: )

Guys don’t be cheated by ian if he say that device got warranty, strictly warns you all. You know why? You ain’t gonna get a claim if he ‘goes’ earlier than you. :stuck_out_tongue:

forgive me ian, I must have step over a corpse

Anti Huasing device for sell! Cheep! Only at $99.99 except for huasing, who will be charged $99,999.99.

:lol:

…anyway… wonder if the tsunami early warning worked?

“Sir! According to the Tsunami EW, a tsunami is going to happen in… 10 minutes ago! Waitaminute…”

• I accidently Pressed the Tsunami Raising device aiming it straight to the south china sea…“Oopppsss”…

Watched CNN last night and a CNN correspondent in Jakarta said something like “… the warning system is in place but not fully operational yet. However, the people are already educated to see the physical signs of an incoming tsunami like receding shoreline…”

Well, I guess it’s those 60 missing people and 8 dead ones are the only ones close enough to see the signs but no fast enough to react to the 2 to 3 meters high waves.

Missing toll reached 100 as of today’s news.

From CNN

"… witness told el-Shinta he saw the ocean withdraw 500 meters (1,500 feet) from the beach a half-hour before the powerful wave smashed ashore, a typical phenomenon before a tsunami.

I could see fish jumping around on the ocean floor,” Miswan said. “Later I saw a wave like a black wall.”

DOH. You’d think that the lessons from 2 years ago would’ve been well hung out still in memory.

[quote=“ian”]End of the World Checklist:

terrorist attacks? …check
space vehicles falling out of the sky? …check
wars …check
6-6-6? (06-06-06) …check
bigfoot sightings? …check
stupid / big mouthed politicians? …check
major catestrophies? …check
intermittent tsunamis? …check
fighting schoolgirls? …check
bill gates’ retirement? …check
200,000 computer viruses? …check
exploding Dells? …check
windows vista launch? …not yet

Yup! the clear signs are here! it will be soon! Buy my anti-world ending device! only $999.99!

:[/quote]

Hehehe this is unique man… hehehe 100% agreed with Ian