to all students back for summer hols, DAP’s “Know-An-MP” internship programme is open for applications http://j.mp/exMDXg
The DAP “Know An MP” Youth Programme for the year 2011 is now open for application. The DAP Malaysia will be offering 10 places of attachment nationwide to various top national leaders, Member of Parliament and State Assemblymen (ADUN) in Malaysia.
What is this programme about?
Selected candidates will be matched based on compatibility to a Member of Parliament or State Assemblyman (ADUN). The candidate will attach on a full-time basis to the MP/ADUN and actively participate in their daily work.
During the programme, candidates will have the opportunity to:
* Assist and contribute to the work of the MP/ADUN * Gain first-hand experience and insight of being a national leader * Attend parliamentary sessions or state assembly sessions * Organize and participate in press conferences, discussions, political events etc.
As part of the programme, candidates are required to:
* Submit a 300-word essay documenting their experience and insight gained * Contribute a 1000-word proposal on how to improve the office of an MP/ADUN or the operation of DAP Malaysia; OR a research topic of choice on a current issue for MP/ADUN debate during parliamentary or state assembly session * Initiate and organize a community event to engage sociopolitical awareness
* Youths between age 18-30 (students, fresh grads or young working adults) * Full-time attachment, minimum period of 1 month * Selection based on assessment of academic results and experience
* Closing date of application: 30th April 2011 * Start date of programme: Anytime after 1st June 2011 * Successful candidates will be informed via email
Email resume / curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter expressing interest to daprocket(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Include in your application the following:
* Preferred location (ie. which state/city in Malaysia) * Preferred duration of your attachment * MP/ADUN of preference
For enquiries, kindly email daprocket(at)rocketmail(dot)com