20 Reasons Why Windows Vista Will Be Your Next OS

OK, I’m going to step into the dark side for a moment and give you this.

Visual Tour: 20 Reasons Why Windows Vista Will Be Your Next OS

June 27, 2006 (Computerworld) – Ask any serious Windows Vista beta tester, and you’ll get the word. Microsoft has packed a lot of positive change into the next version of Windows. It’s the most significant update of the operating system since Windows 95. It’s jam-packed with important new features for enterprises and end users alike.

Security, power and performance, applied graphics and user interface improvements, wireless networking, desktop search, usability updates, new performance monitoring and diagnostics, and an upgraded bevy of onboard applications such as Internet Explorer 7+ and Windows Defender are some of the main areas where Microsoft has beefed up Vista. Enterprise features, such as expanded group policies, whole-drive encryption and hardware-agnostic Windows imaging, are especially welcome.

More here:
http://www.computerworld.com/action/art … geNumber=1

Hei Bro…Does it states the requirement of PC needed …just to install that system??

Yeah, basically you need next year’s PC to run it acceptably…

time to save money to upgrade my rig.

vista is as evil as the WGA… hahahahaha… let’s see if there’s any pirated vista next year :stuck_out_tongue:

im sure the pirates are waiting anxiously for its realease too. hehe.

Not to mention the virus writers. 64bit potential and dual core capability to work with. Mmmm. Virii.

Looks Like all the Pro’s and con’s are waiting anxiously…I wonder Whether Bill Gates is waiting for his copy too…

The reason he’s retiring because he doesnt want to use Vista anymore. He’s switching to Mac & Linux.

you can go to this site to check to see if your box can handle Vista.
Windows Vista Get Ready page

For quick info, this is the minimum specs for the beta and should be the same as the actual release:
Minimum specs:
A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
512 MB of system memory.
A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

Recomended specs:
1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
1 GB of system memory.
A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero2.
128 MB of graphics memory.
40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
DVD-ROM Drive3.
Audio output capability.
Internet access capability.

:shock: time to save money for new hardware, everyone? :smiley:

BY THE way talking about hardware.
Did you know that Motorola HP are using Linux
meanwhile Nokia mainly programming by Microsoft.

Hence Motorola is much more better than Nokia cuz it’s hard to affect by those nasty virus.

[quote=“sobzphenz”]BY THE way talking about hardware.
Did you know that Motorola HP are using Linux
meanwhile Nokia mainly programming by Microsoft.

Hence Motorola is much more better than Nokia cuz it’s hard to affect by those nasty virus.[/quote]

That sort of contradicts with your other post about Motorola being acquired by Microsoft

That’s not suprising.

ever heard PS3 running on Linux? yeah it is.

Windows Vista. they lying. you need 2gig the least. video memory MUST be 128. 64 will kill the slightest mistake. lagging on WMP11

i was wrong by that time … cuz it’s a wrong information sorry for that… Motorola using Linux program … this time is right.

Never mind, everyone made mistakes… :lol:

:lol:

I think i’ll stick with Windows XP for at least for another year. I really like the look and features of Vista but i think there will be still some bugs and compatible issue. I do not want to change my modem, printer, ect so that i can run windows vista smoothly. too many bad experience with the transition to windows XP previously. However, thinking of using mac though so might not even have a chance to change it that soon… :wink:

Keep in mind that Vista’s beta - which means it runs full of bugs and feature incomplete but unstable (only to test its robustness).

As history has shown, Microsoft has always promised alot but always failed to live up to its promises. Question is, can the behemoth Vista live up to its promises?

/me goes back to sitting in a corner stacking APIs on top of one another over and over until the stacks got taller and bigger and unstable

:lol: Agreed Totally…They never did have a nice job finding the flaw of the problem…*maybe it is hidden in one of those huge high stacks and it will never be found…so have to restart building another problem maker again…