2,600 individuals colour up Miri for a good cause

Over 2, 600 people in colourful t-shirts and tutus participated in Colour Rush 4.0 in Miri yesterday.

Over 2, 600 people in colourful t-shirts and tutus participated in Colour Rush 4.0 in Miri yesterday.

MIRI: More than 2,600 people from all walks of life participated in the second-leg of Colour Rush 4.0 here yesterday.

Organising chairlady cum Sarawak Children’s Cancer Society (SCCS) Miri Liaison office’s head Jocelyn Hee acknowledged she was overwhelmed by the huge support.

“This charity run, in its fourth year, is dedicated to International Childhood Cancer Day, celebrated on Feb 15 annually.

“This special day celebrates the courage, resiliency and strength of children and adolescents with cancer. It spotlights the need for more equitable and better access to childhood cancer care for all children everywhere and the importance of expressing support for children and adolescents with cancer, the survivors, and their families,” she said.

SUPP secretary-general Datuk Sebastian Ting, who also participated in the run, hands over a personal donation to Hee. With them is Lai.

SUPP secretary-general Datuk Sebastian Ting, who also participated in the run, hands over a personal donation to Hee. With them is Lai.

Mayor Lawrence Lai, who was also present, said the event was a healthy and meaningful one. It not only helped spread awareness about childhood cancer but also encouraged Mirians to take up running.

“I am certainly proud to see the young and old coming out in full force to run in this campaign. I look forward to seeing more and more people joining in future editions.”

The final leg of Colour Rush 4.0 will be held in Sibu this coming March 13.

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/02/29/2600-individuals-colour-up-miri-for-a-good-cause/