Sabah boat tragedy SAR operation enters 22nd day

0
10

KOTA KINABALU: The search and rescue operation to find five more victims of the boat tragedy on Jan 28 in Sabah waters enters its 22nd day today.

Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA), Sabah and Labuan Region director, Maritime Commodore Mohd Zubil Mat Som said the operation covered 300 sq nautical miles involving the waters off Sabah, Miri (Sarawak) and Brunei.

“The search involves seven assets including one from the Brunei security agency,” he said in a statement today.

The Catamaran boat was carrying 28 tourists from China and three crew members when it capsized amidst strong winds and huge waves while heading to Pulau Mengalum.

To date 26 of the victims had been found, of which four perished. — Bernama

Source: Astro Awani English

Leave a Reply